Romans 8:15-16

romansmemory

(Tim Ramey) #1

Dear Roman Memorizers ,

It’s time for our next two verses. Any feedback into new insights from your memorized verses? Romans is so rich. I can’t repeat it enough. Please persevere as you will be forever grateful that you hung in there and did so! Please, I am hungry for your feedback as it often gives me new insights and I know that you are still hanging in there, Here are the verses:

Romans 8:15 For you did not receive the spirit of slavery to fall back into fear, but you have received the Spirit of adoption as sons, by whom we cry, "Abba! Father!"
Romans 8:16 The Spirit himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God, (ESV)

Romans 8:15 The Spirit you received does not make you slaves, so that you live in fear again; rather, the Spirit you received brought about your adoption to sonship. And by him we cry, “Abba,] Father.”
Romans 8:16 The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God’s children.(NIV)

Romans 8:15 For you did not receive a spirit of slavery to fall back into fear, but you received the Spirit of adoption, by whom we cry out, “Abba, Father!”
Romans 8:16 The Spirit Himself testifies together with our spirit that we are God’s children, (HCSB)

(Tim Ramey) #2

@Keldon_Scott, @Joseph_Benny, @joyce_yung, @Aradhana_Priya_Mehta, @Annie_Mae_Platter, @Michele_Schuman, @Sean_Oesch, @Dave_Kenny and any others who want to join us,

I wanted to let you know that I posted Romans 8:15-16 without posting your names. I’m still in Colorado going home to Minnesota today. It is why I have been so impersonal and not tied into Connect in general this past week. I’m anxious to dive in again! I have kept up on the memorizing however, As you know, I’ve memorized all of Romans already and am emphasizing the verses that we share together, But while we do Romans together, I’m memorizing the same verse numbers in Colossians 3. Next week I’ll be all here again!

(Keldon Scott) #3

Thanks for reminding us again.

I got through v14 this morning 4 first time w/o mistake. I am hanging in there. It has been fun, but intentionality is definitely required.

(joyce yung) #4

I have attended the leadership conference at RZIM Atlanta this past weekend. It was wonderful. Many great speakers. The bonus was Michael Ramsden sat next to me Friday by accident. I was so happy. I told him how much I enjoyed listening to his teaching. Especially the book of Jonah and the lost son. However, I also told him that I like to listen to him when I need to lift up my spirits and I will listen to Ravi when I am awake and can pay attention. Should have stopped talking after the lost son.
Anyway, starting the 15 and 16. Thank you Tim again for leading this group. It is a lot of fun. It is a lot of work but it is fun as well.

Have a good week.

(joyce yung) #5

Reading Romans 15-16. I read the Spirit is a person. And yes, I know that the Spirit is God. the Spirit is a person. Now when it said the Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God’s children. I wonder what our spirit is. Is our spirit is also like the trinity, me, myself and I that kind of thing. Just thinking out loud. cheers !!!

(Dave Kenny) #6

@joyce_yung: Hi Joyce… are you up for a read? Dallas Willard did a great job defining the spirit (especially as it relates to the body… and ultimately the Kingdom of God) in his book: https://www.christianbook.com/spirit-disciplines-understanding-god-changes-lives/dallas-willard/9780060694425/pd/69443?kw=29064775092&mt=b&dv=c&event=PPCSRC&p=1186432&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIhpfZ3N711wIVxol-Ch1gOwCSEAAYASAAEgKYZfD_BwE

(joyce yung) #7

Thank . Will take a look at it.thanks
Joyce Yung

Dave_Kenny
December 6 |

@joyce_yung: Hi Joyce… are you up for a read? Dallas Willard did a great job defining the spirit (especially as it relates to the body… and ultimately the Kingdom of God) in his book: https://www.christianbook.com/spirit-disciplines-understanding-god-changes-lives/dallas-willard/9780060694425/pd/69443?kw=29064775092&mt=b&dv=c&event=PPCSRC&p=1186432&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIhpfZ3N711wIVxol-Ch1gOwCSEAAYASAAEgKYZfD_BwE Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.
In Reply To

joyce_yung
December 6 |

Reading Romans 15-16. I read the Spirit is a person. And yes, I know that the Spirit is God. the Spirit is a person. Now when it said the Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God’s children. I wonder what our spirit is. Is our spirit is also like the trinity, me, myself and I that ki… Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond. You are receiving this because you enabled mailing list mode.To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

(Tim Ramey) #8

@Keldon_Scott, @Joseph_Benny, @joyce_yung, @Aradhana_Priya_Mehta, @Annie_Mae_Platter, @Michele_Schuman, @Sean_Oesch, @Dave_Kenny

Keldon & Joyce, thanks for letting us know how things are going. Tomorrow I will posting the next 2 verses. What I wondered was, that though I will move ahead with Romans 8:17-18, would you like a breather after that or maybe over the week of Christmas? Please let me know your preference. I’m game to move on but want to encourage us to maintain our task if it means getting some time to catch up if that is the consensus. Those who are still trying to keep up, could you let me know yah or nay? That way I’ll also know who wants to continue receiving my posts. I don’t want to bother anyone who has dropped out.

Regarding your post Joyce, it provoked a question which I’ll ask under a new category as it takes a little different track but pertains to it. Please read the post.

(joyce yung) #9

Yeahhhhhhh! I take a breather hahaha!!

JY