Romans 8:17-18

romansmemory

(Tim Ramey) #1

@Keldon_Scott, @Joseph_Benny, @joyce_yung, @Aradhana_Priya_Mehta, @Annie_Mae_Platter, @Michele_Schuman, @Sean_Oesch, @Dave_Kenny and I’m not intending to be exclusive to only us, so anyone else who wants to hop aboard, jump on…

OK Team, here we go forward. I still have not heard whether anyone would suggest that we take a breather. Could you let us know as we need to come along side of each other and help us all get to the finish line. I keep saying it, but if you quit, no big deal. But if you memorize the whole chapter, you’ll always be grateful that you have these precious words of God in your hearts. I have also mentioned that I have learned the chapter and am going along with you but am learning Colossians 3 as we memorize together. My verses last week included, “Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly…” The word of God in my heart has radically affected me. That’s why I never intend to put a guilt trip on anyone who just does not want to keep going. Rather, I want to have us encouraging those of us who may be having a hard time keeping up, yet desire to persevere to the finish line. Let us know how you are doing and if we could offer any suggestions as to suggestions that we could make that has worked for us. You will be thankful that this chapter is readily available, day or night, in your heart.

Here are the verses. Verse 17 concludes verse 16. And the element of suffering is addressed. It’s seen as “nothing” compared the future glory!

Romans 8:17 and if children, then heirs–heirs of God and fellow heirs with Christ, provided we suffer with him in order that we may also be glorified with him.
Romans 8:18 For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worth comparing with the glory that is to be revealed to us. (ESV)

Romans 8:17 and if children, also heirs—heirs of God and coheirs with Christ—seeing that we suffer with Him so that we may also be glorified with Him.
Romans 8:18 For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worth comparing with the glory that is going to be revealed to us. (HCSB)

Romans 8:17 Now if we are children, then we are heirs—heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ, if indeed we share in his sufferings in order that we may also share in his glory.
Romans 8:18 I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us. (NIV)

(Keldon Scott) #2

no breathers. we got this. :grin:

(Tim Ramey) #3

So far I’ve heard from Keldon and Joyce has a remark regarding this post but it is located in Rom 8:15-16. Could I just get a short post from you, Joseph, Aradhana, Annie, Michele, Sean and Dave as to my question about the breather? As you can see here, Keldon wants to keep moving. Joyce, I couldn’t tell if you are asking for some water or whether you wanted a break. I’m not saying that I’m in favor of it but don’t want anyone to drop out because they need a breather.

Please, I’ve not heard from some of you for a very long time. My intention is simply to know how all of you are doing. Any feedback about any of the verses that you have memorized from weeks gone by would be great.

I do view us as a team and would love to hear how you are doing and if there is anything that has hit you about any of the verses that are now just as much a part of you as your heart!

(joyce yung) #4

I do desperately need a break to nail all 18 verses down on solid ground. Thanks

JY

(Michele Schuman) #5

I would like to continue. However, I respect Joyce’s vote to review.

(Tim Ramey) #6

@Michele_Schuman, @Keldon_Scott, @joyce_yung and if anyone else is on board,
Thanks for your feedback Michele, Keldon and Joyce. It really helps. I had an idea and I’d like to see if this would be OK. Again, I’m not in charge - just trying to coordinate.

What if I posted 2 more verses tomorrow and then, held off posting the following week because all of the Christmas activities? With one needing a break, one suggesting a review and another recommending plodding along, would that be agreeable? Thus, the review would be delayed a week. In fact, is one week to review sufficient?

Sorry but I’m trying to look at the whole mix. Please let me know. Thanks heaps!

(Michele Schuman) #7

That sounds great Tim. Verse 20 does end awkwardly in ESV but it does give us a halfway point.

(Keldon Scott) #8

Sounds perfect. Thanks for all you do.

(Aradhana Priya Mehta) #9

Hi Tim, I am extremely sorry to be replying so late. A week break sounds good to me. It would be good to revise the verses learned thus far and be more confident with them.

(Tim Ramey) #10

@Aradhana_Priya_Mehta, I’m just so happy to hear that you are continuing with us. I’d encourage everyone to utilize the time to feel more confident about the verses that you’ve memorized until now. As I add two new verses, I start from the beginning and add the two new ones to the rest. It’s not as if you’re getting further behind because. after awhile, the early ones become so ingrained. They all begin reminding you of what comes ahead. Good going all of you!

(Tim Ramey) #11

@Aradhana_Priya_Mehta, @Keldon_Scott, @Michele_Schuman, @joyce_yung have a very relaxing, enjoyable Christmas. May the words that you memorized really dig deep into your hearts this Christmas and make it a unique blessing. Thanks for your perseverance.

(Keldon Scott) #12

Merry Christmas to you as well. May the peace this season brings be yours through him who has come. :slight_smile:

(Michele Schuman) #13

Thank you! These verses covered so much theology. It has been great to reflect on them this week. Merry Christmas!