Romans 8: 19-20

romansmemory

(Tim Ramey) #1

@Keldon_Scott, @joyce_yung, @Michele_Schuman Congratulations! I think that you three may the only ones who have gotten to the halfway mark. I don’t say that deprecating those who have dropped out but to bless you for your perseverance.

It seemed as if we all concluded that we should rest after this week’s verses and not resume until the following week which will be Saturday December 30th. But in the meantime, here are the next two verses. Michele is right, that it ends in mid-sentence but it isn’t disjointed. I learned in the RSV and it ends with a colon.

Thank you so very much how you have been so diligent in making memorization a priority at this time in your lives. It evokes a real sense of fellowship to me. I pray that these words will bless you when you least expect it. This chapter is so powerful. What else can we say about God’s Word but this chapter seems to be so complete. It conveys and speaks to so many aspects of our walks with Him. As you memorize, may it aid in your hearts being prepared to have this Christmas be one of the most intimate ones that you’ve ever had with our Lord and Friend, Jesus.

Romans 8:19 For the creation waits with eager longing for the revealing of the sons of God.
Romans 8:20 For the creation was subjected to futility, not willingly, but because of him who subjected it, in hope (ESV)

Romans 8:19 For the creation waits in eager expectation for the children of God to be revealed.
Romans 8:20 For the creation was subjected to frustration, not by its own choice, but by the will of the one who subjected it, in hope

Romans 8:19 For the creation eagerly waits with anticipation for God’s sons to be revealed.
Romans 8: 20 For the creation was subjected to futility—not willingly, but because of Him who subjected it—in the hope (HCSB)

(Tim Ramey) #2

@Keldon_Scott, @joyce_yung, @Michele_Schuman, @Aradhana_Priya_Mehta, I trust that all of you got this last Saturday. I never heard from anyone regarding this post and I did from the week before this one. In fact, my responses were posted under those as well. Michele, it was your post that made me realize that. So I’m only referring to this so we are all on the same page next Saturday.

Merry Christmas to each of you dear saints!

(Aradhana Priya Mehta) #3

Merry Christmas to you as well!!

(joyce yung) #4

Glad to have a week off. :hugs: