Romans 8: 23-24

romansmemory

(Tim Ramey) #1

@Keldon_Scott @Michele_Schuman @joyce_yung @Aradhana_Priya_Mehta and anyone else interested

Congratulations Team! To have Scripture filling your minds is wonderful. Instead of memorizing commercial jingles, you have the Word in your minds and hearts.

I’d love to hear if you’ve ever had situations where, because of your memorization, a verse pops in to your mind when you needed that reminder. That’s the Holy Spirit implementing His Word. Or maybe you have a question or possibly, you see something that you hadn’t before. It’s encouraging to us all to hear how the Lord has used it in ways that you never dreamed of.

I have a few instances where I will mention when we get to those verses. But innumerable times, Romans 8 has reminded me of where I am and who I am in Jesus in so many ways - I am in the Spirit, I am not condemned, nothing can separate us from Him, He helps us in our weakness and on and on…

Here are the verses for the week:

Romans 8:23 And not only the creation, but we ourselves, who have the first fruits of the Spirit, groan inwardly as we wait eagerly for adoption as sons, the redemption of our bodies.
Romans 8:24 For in this hope we were saved. Now hope that is seen is not hope. For who hopes for what he sees? (ESV)

Romans 8:23 Not only so, but we ourselves, who have the first fruits of the Spirit, groan inwardly as we wait eagerly for our adoption to sonship, the redemption of our bodies.
Romans 8:24 For in this hope we were saved. But hope that is seen is no hope at all. Who hopes for what they already have? (NIV)

(Michele Schuman) #2

I find that last week’s verses come to mind often after a storm. When I
think of creation groaning I think of earthquakes, waves crashing to shore,
etc. This week it was the sight of ice chunks in the Chicago River that
reminded me of creation groaning. It is amazing to think that all of God’s
creation has been damaged by sin and is waiting for redemption.

(Tim Ramey) #3

@Michele_Schuman and to think that we, who have the first fruits of the spirit groan inwardly as well! That sure is a good picture point that you made, Michele.

For all, I trust the memorization is going well. Up the road we have some familiar passages that you may already know. I’m sure thankful to be in this with all of you! As I’ve said umpteen times, when you get it down, the recall just flows. You’ll always be glad you have it. Always keep up on Scripture that you learn for it is easy to forget if you don’t review it.