Romans 8: 25-26

romansmemory

(Tim Ramey) #1

@Keldon_Scott, @Michele_Schuman, @joyce_yung, @Aradhana_Priya_Mehta, and all. Welcome to some new verses that I find especially useful that follow up with last weeks verse regarding the word hope. I am reminded of Lamentations where the author spends the first 20 verses of that chapter lamenting how it feels like the Lord is his enemy. But then he says the following:

Lam 3:21 But this I call to mind, and therefore I have hope:
Lam 3:22 The steadfast love of the LORD never ceases, his mercies never come to an end;
Lam 3:23 they are new every morning; great is thy faithfulness.

We know verses 22 - 23 of that chapter by heart but I always feel that much of the power of those verses are lost when the preceding verses are not included because it appears that the author had another great day. Instead, what gives it such depth is that he chooses to call on the truths of verses 22 - 23 and then he has hope which is the expectations of its fulfillment.

That’s what we are memorizing this week - waiting with patience with expectations for the fulfillment of the Lord’s promises. In addition, the Spirit helps us in our weakness knowing we don’t even know how to pray! Here are the verses. I trust the memorization is going well. Again, I emphasize that you need to have a plan and stick to it so that you not only memorize the verses below, but you retain them and all of the other 24 verses that you’ve memorized in Romans 8. Good job all. It’s a long chapter but you are doing it!

Romans 8:25 But if we hope for what we do not see, we wait for it with patience.
Romans 8:26 Likewise the Spirit helps us in our weakness. For we do not know what to pray for as we ought, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words.

Romans 8:25 But if we hope for what we do not yet have, we wait for it patiently.
Romans 8:26 In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us through wordless groans.

(Keldon Scott) #2

Thanks once again Tim. Your consistency and encouragement is so appreciated. We carry on . . . really looking forward to including 8:28-9 in the whole. Still some work to do on verses 25-27.