Romans 8:27-28

romansmemory

(Tim Ramey) #1

@Keldon_Scott, @Michele_Schuman, @joyce_yung, @Aradhana_Priya_Mehta, and to any other secret followers. We’re on the home stretch. Even the verses this week to memorize contains one verse that is very frequently quoted. Have you found that maybe a book that you are reading or a speaker you have heard brings out a passage in Romans 8? And you say, “Hey, I know that one!”

It’s so imperative that you not only continue to memorize the new verses but work on retaining the ones you’ve already memorized. This past week my plan that I use to memorize and retain was interrupted and I had to scramble for the retention of some of my latest verses that I had memorized. But once you have them down, they become almost second nature. They really stick close by.

Even though I’ve never met any of you, I feel a special bond, having learned the same chapter together. There is something so special to me when we have walked this journey together. We all have Romans 8 in our minds and hearts.

So without further adieu, here are God’s Words to us!

Romans 8:27 And he who searches hearts knows what is the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints according to the will of God.
Romans 8:28 And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose. (ESV)

Romans 8:27 And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for God’s people in accordance with the will of God.
Romans 8:28 And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. (NIV)

(joyce yung) #2

Thank you Tim. Joyce Yung

(Michele Schuman) #3

I have found memorizing Romans 8 very beneficial. Many speakers refer to these verses. When I hear a reference to Romans 8 I always feel a special connection. It is like you become more intimately connected with God’s word when you memorize it. It becomes part of your relationship with God.

(Tim Ramey) #4

@Michele_Schuman I totally agree with you. I appreciated when you remarked:

It’s so true! Thanks! And dear @joyce_yung, you don’t know how much hearing from you meant to me as I feared that maybe you did not hang in there,. Way to go - all of you!