Romans 8 33-34

romansmemory

(Tim Ramey) #1

@joyce_yung @Keldon_Scott @Michele_Schuman @Aradhana_Priya_Mehta
To be able to convey these verses is such a blessing. I could take a stab at trying to conjure up some encouraging words but I could never attain to these powerful, meaty, life-giving verses. Aren’t we blessed to have them at our disposal?

I don’t really know why it touches my heart to realize that we are teaming up to learn these verses. It’s as if we have something very deep in common.

It’s interesting that I pushed the aspect of having a plan and sticking with it. Well, my plan has been shaken with travel and other unplanned things in my life and I am scrambling now to stay up with the verses that I’m learning in IICorinthians 4. I’ll be there but I’m learning my own lesson that when those plans that we make get jostled, it’s hard to keep up.

Here we are, dear saints, with the verses for the week ahead. The long chapter is getting wrapped up. The finish line is in sight!

Romans 8:33 Who shall bring any charge against God’s elect? It is God who justifies.
Romans 8:34 Who is to condemn? Christ Jesus is the one who died–more than that, who was raised–who is at the right hand of God, who indeed is interceding for us. (ESV)

Romans 8:33 Who will bring any charge against those whom God has chosen? It is God who justifies. Romans 8:34 Who then is the one who condemns? No one. Christ Jesus who died—more than that, who was raised to life—is at the right hand of God and is also interceding for us. (NIV)

(Michele Schuman) #2

No condemnation. Chosen by God to be blessed. Elect. It is overwhelming! Such great words to store in my heart!

(Tim Ramey) #3

@Michele_Schuman
Do you ever hear someone say something spiritually that you just want to jump up and down and holler “YES!!!” That’s what reverberates in my heart with you mere 20 words. I just want everyone to memorize this blessed chapter. Again, your few words included the first verse that we memorized through verse 34 for this week. I’m so blessed to be united with you with this treasure of God’s Word.

(joyce yung) #4

Thank you very muchThank you very much Joyce Yung

(Tim Ramey) #5

@joyce_yung @kelelek @angelina_Edmonston
You are wonderful. Thank you!

Regarding intercessory prayer, it is praying together for some specific areas. Kelly and I wanted to have items that we joined together, seeking the Lord’s leading and then being updated by the people we are praying for. We would keep in touch to add or subtract to our list. Prayer would be anytime but the main emphasis is that we are joining together, seeking the Lord in prayer. Kelly & I still need to iron out some aspects of it but we are shoving off and tweaking it as we go. One thought would be, depending on our time differences, whether we would pray at a certain time of a particular day together? Would we ever want to have a day of fasting together as well?

I’m also including Angelina as she has asked Kelly & I to pray for an aspect of her life. Prayer is so vital to the kingdom’s work. (I realize that I should have this posted under the prayer thread but I responded to your memorization comment.) It’s like the Israelites going around the walls of Jericho. The Lord made the walls fall - it was not the soldiers. However, if the Israelis had not obeyed the Lord, the walls wouldn’t have fallen. He does the work but He calls us to pray so He can do what He wants. It’s a privilege to join Him in His work. What an honor prayer is. He includes us in His plan!

(angelina Edmonston) #6

Thanks, I am up between 7:30 to around 9 praying and reading the Word.

Thank you for your continued prayers.

(joyce yung) #7

I like the idea of praying together as s team. The only thing I concern is I can’t keep up with the prayer request. I can try and see how it goes.

Thanks

JY

(Tim Ramey) #8

@angelina_Edmonston @joyce_yung
I’m just letting you know that I am going to respond under the prayer thread rather than this memory thread as it could become confusing. I’ll “see” you over there!