Romans 8: 37-39

romansmemory

(Tim Ramey) #1

@Keldon_Scott, @Michele_Schuman, @joyce_yung, @Aradhana_Priya_Mehta
Hello precious saints!

Last week, I was going to get your opinions but today, I figured I’d just make a decision. I thought I’d post three verses this week because it was that or stringing the last verse out til next week. It not only is the last verse but it chops the flow of the verses up without it. So, I wondered if I should post all three, have us take two weeks to do so and to really firm up the whole chapter while in the meantime, we could offer thoughts on the chapter, etc. You have done a terrific job that you’ll never regret. I urge you, don’t let it slip away now that you have it down but recite it over many times as it becomes the very core of your being.

So again, if anyone would like to interject any thoughts, that’s be great. I don’t intend to scare you off but as you memorize the completion of Romans 8, maybe you could give thought as to whether you’d want to do another chapter together and if so, which one.

It’s a time of rejoicing with this being it, but it makes me a bit sad too as I’ve so appreciated this journey together. With that being said, here are our verses:

Romans 8:37 No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us.
Romans 8:38 For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers,
Romans 8:39 nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord. (ESV)

Romans 8:37 No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us.
Romans 8:38 For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers,
Romans 8:39 neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. NIV)

(joyce yung) #2

Thank you :blush:

JY

(joyce yung) #3

I have spend 20 hours memorizing the verse two weeks ago when I travelled from Atlanta to Hong Kong.

I am now at the Hong Kong airport waiting to fly back to Atlanta. I am going to try my best to memorize the whole chapter. This time I have taken a picture of my four pages Romans 8. Will be reading from my phone and the paper.

Will let you know how it goes :hugs:

JY

(Keldon Scott) #4

Thank you. Nice job. I’ve got some catching up to do. This last couple weeks has caught up with me. I want to go on a 20 hour plane ride. :sunglasses::grin:

(Tim Ramey) #5

@joyce_yung @Keldon_Scott
Joyce, your tenacity really touches me. Way to go! And Keldon, you do have your work cut out for you. You are in a new RZIM class so you have a load.

I’m currently in Mexico visiting my son’s in-laws and then I get home on the 9th and in mid-March have our prayer/missions conference at our lodge and finally, I head out at the beginning of April for the Philippines where I will be working in Mindanao with national pastors for a month.

On Saturday I planned on writing with all to see how things were going and to see if, after a breather, anyone wanted to move on to another chapter.

(Tim Ramey) #6

@Keldon_Scott @joyce_yung @Michele_Schuman @Aradhana_Priya_Mehta
Dearest Friends
How is the memorization going? Could each of you please do me a HUGE favor? Could all of you post where you are with the chapter? Please do not be discouraged. I am so confident that if I can do it, you certainly can,. You probably all know multiple languages. I’m ashamed to say that I only know English. Here I am in Mexico, and Spanish is a fairly easy language, yet I cannot remember a word a day later, it seems! Each of you can do it and I’m as confident that once you learn it and continue to review it, you’ll have it down and it will speak to you often. I guess that “it” will never speak to you but the Holy Spirit, in most normal and natural ways, will.

When you post to all of us where you are at, could we lift each other up to the Lord for help for each other getting it down? It would be a prayer request that I know the Lord would want to answer for each of us. At that time, not to overload you, but would you also tell me if yoiu’d like to dive into another chapter? If you would, please tell all of us a chapter that you’d like to memorize? And if you want to do another chapter and we find one to do together, please suggest how long to give it before we begin to memorize that chapter? I am not the leader but I could envision memorizing a new chapter with occasional week breaks where we review the new chapter as well as Romans 8.

Sometimes I think that I sound like some kind of father, which I probably could be age-wise to all of you but I have to tell you how proud I am of you! I’m so privileged as I realize that I have been part of something that will speak to your lives until we meet our Savior face-to-face! Praise our dear Lord for His faithfulness to each one of us. We cannot even take credit for the desire to memorize the chapter as the Holy Spirit has impressed His Truth upon our hearts. All glory and honor and power and praise to Him forever! It blesses me to know that, as I am typing a post to you now, that later we will be with each other praising Yahweh forever!

(Michele Schuman) #7

I have been reviewing Romans 8. I really like the idea of moving on to a new chapter. However, I would have a difficult time choosing. Some suggestions would be Hebrews 12, Philippians 2, Romans 10. I am very open to any chapter you choose. I have memorized smaller sections of scripture from a list I found for suggested scriptures for pastors to memorize that I try to keep reviewing.

Thank you all for your encouragement!

Michele

(joyce yung) #8

I did not get the whole chapter down but I have put in great effort to memorize it. I did dream about it when I doze off at the airplane. So that tell you I did work very hard studying it.

I am much familiar with the chapter even though I still have to cheat here and there when I read it from memory.

I am a professional student ( I spend more time in school then in the work place sad to say). Anyway, one thing I find helpful is not trying to get 100% right on one thing. Do my best and move on to the next. When I come back to it at a later time, I may do better on it.

My flesh don’t want to memorize another chapter but my Spirit said Joyce you need to memorize my word. See I am talking like Roman 8 haha.

Anyway, I need to memorize more of God’s word for my own sake and for spreading the gospel. This was Ann Graham’s message at her father’s funeral. I even heard her told a guest to hurry up to do the work of God because Jesus is coming soon.

I am in for another chapter and I have no preference of which。

Thank you Tim for putting this together.

JY

(joyce yung) #9

By the way, I still have one more week for Roman 8 correct? Just checking.

JY

(Tim Ramey) #10

@Michele_Schuman @joyce_yung @Keldon_Scott @Aradhana_Priya_Mehta
Thank you ever so much for replying Michele and Joyce. It sounds as if, so far, you two would be open to memorizing another chapter when the moment is right. Actually Joyce, we have no more verses to put forth so you could have as long as you wanted. That’s why I was asking if we wanted to memorize another chapter and, if so, when, as I don’t want to appear to keep the whip lashing!

I have personally found it is nice to have a few weeks in between chapters to really review what has been learned before starting again. But if I don’t have a start date, I don’t have the discipline to get going again.

Thanks for suggested chapters Michele. I have done Hebrews 12 already but that doesn’t mean it can’t be done if others preferred to do it. It did seem that possibly Keldon had mentioned Philippians 2 at one time because I was going to learn that one while you were doing Romans 8 but I did Colossians 3 and II Corinthians 4 instead. Would those that wanted to proceed be game for Philippians 2? Please, I’m not trying to scare anyone off as we can determine when we wanted to take off together again,

When you can Aradhana and Keldon, could you let us know what you are thinking? If we could pray together where the Lord wants to lead us next and for Joyce to follow through if she is being led that way. I loved your application to Romans 8 in what you said, You said it jokingly but it is the Spirit speaking through you Joyce,

I appreciate you! I know that if we got together we would all be so unique from each other. Isn’t that just like the body of Christ?!?!

(Keldon Scott) #11

I am happy to start another chapter. I have some of the last verses to go after 8:30, which I just have fallen behind on. But, I will do it! J

I had previously indicated that I would love to do Philippians 4. But, whatever is decided is fine with me.

(Michele Schuman) #12

I am interested in Philippians 4. I think we just need to pick a start date now. Maybe April 2? That gives us Easter to concentrate on the Gospels.
Michele

(Keldon Scott) #13

That would give me a good chance to finish up Romans 8 last few verses as well. :*)

(Tim Ramey) #14

@Keldon_Scott @Michele_Schuman @joyce_yung @Aradhana_Priya_Mehta
Alright, we have the date but I’m a little confused on the chapter. Is it Philippians 2 or 4? I would opt for 2 but what does everyone else want? Joyce, what do you think? And Aradhana, could you let us know if you are in or out? We most definitely want to include you but just need to know if you still want to memorize together with us. Please let us know if you are doing Romans 8 and are behind and need a little more break. Also, would Philippians be your choice? Keldon, didn’t you mention Philippians 2 back when we started?

I’m excited about cruising on with you. Just let me know if you like the date and if it is Philippians 2. I thought that was what is was until you mentioned chapter 4 today Michele.

A little complication for me is that I am in the Philippines for the whole month of April. The internet will be spotty but doable. Keldon, can you do it all with taking on another class? What a guy!

Please let me know your thoughts. I’m so happy that we can continue on together!

(Keldon Scott) #15

Philippians 2 is fine. One of my favorite verse is Philippians 4:6 and that is why I previously had indicated chapter 4, but I am happy to do chapter 2.

(Tim Ramey) #16

I’m afraid I’m going to scare everyone away when I ask this but, trust me, I’m only asking. Would you ever want to learn all 4 chapters of Philippians? I can almost hear the groans but I just thought I’d ask. If not, which I doubt anyone really wants to do, let’s not just say what the other wants to hear but Keldon mentioned chapter 4 in the first discussions and then in the 7th post in this thread, Michele mentioned chapter 2 as well as Romans 10 and Hebrew 12. I had mentioned that I have memorized Hebrews 12 but I would be game for any chapter. So you 4 decide if it is Philippians 2 or 4. God’s Word is great no matter what we learn. I’d just like to be a part of it with you.

(Tim Ramey) #17

It’s Saturday here and no new verses for the week. However, I have heard from some of you interested in pursuing continuing memorization. What I am sure of is that Keldon and Michele want to begin a new chapter on April 2nd. The missing pieces are what chapter it will be and who is in? Could all of you reply and tell us if you are in or out? Then, could you give us the chapter that YOU think that we should do? Then we’ll decide among those who want to continue. It will give a break and a time to go over Romans 8 until it is every part of you as your heart beating!

I do appreciate all of you so much and, after being in Mexico among unbelievers, it is a world of difference to be involved with each of you. Jesus just seems to ooze out of your loving posts.

Could we hear from all of you? Gracias!!!

(Tim Ramey) #18

What do you all think? And I hate to conclude because of not hearing from you lately Aradhana, that you are not interested but would you mind writing? No one will force anything on you and if you are in a quandary, we will pray for guidance for you.

(Kelly) #19

@Tim_Ramey I would be interesting in this challenge. I could stand to memorize scripture. Maybe I’ll be more consistent in a group! lol

(Aradhana Priya Mehta) #20

I am sorry for not replying on time. I am still not very confident with Romans 8. I am spending time revising and memorizing it. I would not be able to join in learning the next set of verses immediately.