Romans 8:9-10

romansmemory

(Tim Ramey) #1

@Keldon_Scott, @joyce_yung, @Joseph_Benny, @Lorraine_Allenbach, @Aradhana_Priya_Mehta, @Annie_Mae_Platter, @Michele_Schuman, @Sean_Oesch

I’ve got good new for all of you. Today you get two more verses of God’s Word that the Holy Spirit will implant into your hearts and minds, as He continues conveying His Truth to you. If you feel weary and wondering how you’ll take on another set of verses, remember that these verses tell us our tired bodies are dead because of sin, and in the RSV version that I memorize from, it says but our spirits are alive because of righteousness. I rejoice that it is not the other way around! So here are God’s Words of Life:

(ESV)
Rom 8:9 You, however, are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if in fact the Spirit of God dwells in you. Anyone who does not have the Spirit of Christ does not belong to him.
Rom 8:10 But if Christ is in you, although the body is dead because of sin, the Spirit is life because of righteousness.

(NIV)
Rom 8:9 You, however, are not in the realm of the flesh but are in the realm of the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God lives in you. And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, they do not belong to Christ.
Rom 8:10 But if Christ is in you, then even though your body is subject to death because of sin, the Spirit gives life because of righteousness.

(Keldon Scott) #2

Thank you for your encouragement, faithfulness and reminders. Go forth in the strength of the Lord this day

(joyce yung) #3

Thank you. It is fun to do the Bible verse memorization with a group.

Thank you

JY

(Tim Ramey) #4

Joyce, I love being part of this group so very much, too. I think we’d all appreciate hearing from all of you. Is there something you hadn’t seen before? Do you feel like you’re struggling to keep your head above water or maybe you’re finding that it’s easier to do than you had imagined? Or possibly you found a practice of memorization that would be helpful for all of us to hear. Also, is there a way we could pray for you?

(joyce yung) #5

Good morning Tim
I am definitely more motivated to work on memorizing the two assigned verse daily. Just like every other average student, I put in more effort to memorize the Bible verse on Friday then any other days in the week :-). One thing that lay a little heavy on my heart is the descriptive word that God use to describe the mind that governed by the flesh. Pretty scary thing !!!
Thanks Joyce Yung

(Tim Ramey) #6

Joyce, I am so appreciative how you offer us your thoughts on memorization. You have been so diligent - it really encourages my heart! If I could offer some advise for you it would be to say that you might want to consider hitting the new verses harder on Saturday and Sunday so you feel freer to continue learning the new verses while reviewing the old ones. However, I don’t want to upset the apple cart so you continue in a way that you set that works for you. I still feel like the plan on how and when to go over the verses is essential.

Actually Joyce, I feel that you have hit on a critical juncture in our walks with the Lord when you speak of the mind. The mind is a very important area of our lives. The mind is a realm that the enemy tries to invade and we need to keep our minds on the things that are above, where Christ is and not on things of the earth. I get the gist of what you are saying by describing it as scary, but you are a new creation and you are no longer bound to go wherever your thoughts lead you. You are to take every thought captive for the glory of the Lord. One way that you are doing this is by memorizing His Word. To memorize, you certainly have to think of His Word! That’s why I warn all of us that the enemy doesn’t like what we’re doing and will do everything to keep us from continuing. Joyce, you are taking the Sword of the Spirit and using it to lash out at the enemy and letting him know that he has no place in your life. It is not by your strength but it is by the might of the Lord as you stand on the truth of His Word.

(joyce yung) #7

I agreed. Thanks Joyce Yung

Tim_Ramey Academy Alum
November 13 |

Joyce, I am so appreciative how you offer us your thoughts on memorization. You have been so diligent - it really encourages my heart! If I could offer some advise for you it would be to say that you might want to consider hitting the new verses harder on Saturday and Sunday so you feel freer to continue learning the new verses while reviewing the old ones. However, I don’t want to upset the apple cart so you continue in a way that you set that works for you. I still feel like the plan on how and when to go over the verses is essential.Actually Joyce, I feel that you have hit on a critical juncture in our walks with the Lord when you speak of the mind. The mind is a very important area of our lives. The mind is a realm that the enemy tries to invade and we need to keep our minds on the things that are above, where Christ is and not on things of the earth. I get the gist of what you are saying by describing it as scary, but you are a new creation and you are no longer bound to go wherever your thoughts lead you. You are to take every thought captive for the glory of the Lord. One way that you are doing this is by memorizing His Word. To memorize, you certainly have to think of His Word! That’s why I warn all of us that the enemy doesn’t like what we’re doing and will do everything to keep us from continuing. Joyce, you are taking the Sword of the Spirit and using it to lash out at the enemy and letting him know that he has no place in your life. It is not by your strength but it is by the might of the Lord as you stand on the truth of His Word. Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.
In Reply To

joyce_yung
November 13 |

Good morning Tim I am definitely more motivated to work on memorizing the two assigned verse daily. Just like every other average student, I put in more effort to memorize the Bible verse on Friday then any other days in the week :-). One thing that lay a little heavy on my heart is the descriptive… Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond. You are receiving this because you enabled mailing list mode.To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

(Tim Ramey) #8

@Keldon_Scott, @joyce_yung, @Joseph_Benny, @Lorraine_Allenbach, @Aradhana_Priya_Mehta, @Annie_Mae_Platter, @Michele_Schuman, @Sean_Oesch
Dear Saints - I woke up today and felt far from being a new creation. But I KNOW that God’s word is true and I believe Him in spite of my feelings because He tells us even in these verses that, though my body is dead because of sin, the Spirit dwells right inside of me. My spirit is alive because of His righteousness! If there was an infallible counselor who could help me with all of my woes, I’d travel across the world to see them. Yet, we are told that this Counselor, the One who created us, dwells right inside of this body that is corrupted because of sin.

I’ve been asked to preach at times and when I do, I always feel very adamant in what I say because I feel that, if no one else is listening, I am preaching to myself. I am doing that again today. I’m not preaching but proclaiming the reality of what we often pooh-pooh because we see with our eyes that what is temporal but what we can’t see is eternal. I’m reminding myself not to go off of what I feel through a body that is dead because of sin but to realize that our inner nature is not patched over but new everyday. And the reason that we know it is because the Holy Spirit has made it known to us as Truth. Hold on to that fact.

Praise God that, “without having seen Him, we love Him.”

Just as an aside - could you give to all of us a thumbs up or down or a smile or frown or whether you are steaming ahead or decided not to say on this boat? We have never heard anything from some of you and want to know where you stand. Please, please, if there is anything we could pray about for you, do trust us to pray in confidentiality for you. May the Lord’s truths become ever so real for you today.

(Dave Kenny) #9

Hi Tim. I am encouraged and interested in joining the memory team here… please include me moving forward. thanks!

Dave

(Michele Schuman) #10

Last Sunday my pastor used as his sermon Romans 1-8 which he dictated from memory (in three parts). He made the scripture come alive so that is seemed like a sermon. https://livestream.com/accounts/9226053/events/7908943

It was a great encouragement as I continue to work on Romans 8.

(Keldon Scott) #11

Thank you Tim for your leadership and for your comments. You asked if there were any prayer requests. I am going forward with some apologetics with a reach and love Lansing and warriors table event tonight. If you’d like to look at some more detail I have included a link. But I know that there are hearts that struggle with pain and suffering in this world. The Lord just laid on my heart after taking the Why Suffering elective to share some of the information that was taught.

https://www.facebook.com/events/827713770736323/?ti=as

(Tim Ramey) #12

Glad that you are with us Dave. I’m sorry that I did not include you as I was not sure if you were going to join us or not. I know that you’ll be grateful that you memorized this chapter as Michele has spoken to. I’m anxious to listen to it Michele. I can’t tell you how recalling the chapters that I recite while I’m out on my handcycle lift my spirit. To be bathed in truth is really a privilege. And could we all join together in praying for Keldon? I didn’t put that as part of our agreement together but I do think prayer is an essential part of our walks and goes hand-in-hand with scripture. I’ll look at your Facebook post.

I’m so blessed to be part of your lives!

(joyce yung) #13

I am continue soldiering on this Roman 8 memorization project. It is interesting that I have more awareness of my dying flesh because of sin. It is also kind of sad !!! Joyce Yung

(Tim Ramey) #14

Joyce, I always appreciate your honest replies. Yes, because of sin, these bodies are not performing as they were intended, but as we’ll memorize at the of our chapter, that because of the work Jesus has done for us, NOTHING can separate us from Him. That is so assuring and comforting!