Ruben

Hi RZIM Connect Community!

My name is Ruben and I live in California. I’m married and have two children (17 & 21 years old).

I want to understand as much as I can about God and be able to answer the questions that others I interact with may have about God and the scriptures. I want to strengthen my faith and help lead others to Christ!

I hope to learn a lot from all of you and contribute in whatever small and big ways that I can.

God bless you,
Ruben

6 Likes

Hi Ruben. What kind of questions do you hear?
There are discussion threads that may already have some of those questions. Please join into conversations. And welcome.

4 Likes

Hello, Ruben, and welcome to Connect. :smiley: I appreciate your earnestness to know God more deeply and to reach others with His light. You’ve come to the right place- we’re all learning and studying together. I look forward to learning more from you!

4 Likes

Hello @rpizarro, welcome to connect. There are many topics to browse through. I am sure you will find most everything you are seeking here. If not, feel free to start a topic by asking a question in the various categories, Christian Growth, Daily Evangelism. Or Bible Questions. It’s wonderful to have you here, enjoy :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Amen. Bless your heart.

1 Like

Hi Sig,

Hello, my 21-year-old daughter who is in college is a questioning Christian. She has several questions that I don’t quite know how to answer. They include:

1. Why does the bible seem to be okay with slavery?
  2. Why are women seemingly portrayed as being less or less valuable than men in the bible?
    Where could I find more answers to these questions?
    Thanks, Ruben
2 Likes

Hello, my 21-year-old daughter who is in college is a questioning Christian. She has several questions that I don’t quite know how to answer. They include:

1. Why does the bible seem to be okay with slavery?
  2. Why are women seemingly portrayed as being less or less valuable than men in the bible?
    Where could I find more answers to these questions?
    Thanks, Ruben

Hi @rpizarro. These are very deep personal questions that keep many people from coming to Jesus. I found a link that is very helpful, especially @WarnerMiller response which gripped my heart.

You can use the search engine (the magnifying glass, top right by your profile) type in your questions and that will bring up various topics on the subject. There are many here who can answer her questions far better than myself. I will sincerely pray for you and your daughter as she wrestles with these profound questions. God bless :pray:

1 Like

These are good questions and I have already asked myself them. In this video Abdu Murray gives some good answers to these questions: