Sally Alexander

(Sally Alexander) #1

Hello fellow RZIM family from the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. I just finished the Core Module a couple weeks ago and am looking forward to getting to know some of my former classmates better and meeting, sharing, and discussing His Word in His world in this community.

9 Likes
(Carson Weitnauer) #2

Hi @Sal,

Welcome! The relationships that form in RZIM Connect are so special. The people who come here to help perfect strangers have humble hearts of service and encouragement. I find the experience of researching questions - and then finding a way to communicate it in a kind and loving way to the person who asked the question - to be a wonderful way of growing in my faith - and of practicing my faith. I hope you’ll enjoy participating on a regular basis.

5 Likes
(Heidi Mitchell) #3

Hi Sally! @Sal

I agree with you:

Such a great play on words…
You’ve come to the right place.
I, too, was so encouraged to have this community to join once finishing the Core Module.
I hope we see you in the forums :relaxed:

4 Likes
(Sieglinde) #4

Hi @Sal welcome :heart: I pulled out my notes from the core module yesterday to refresh my memory. Were so thankful you joined. Enjoy :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes
(Sally Alexander) #5

Thanks for the compliment Heidi!
How long have you been in the community?

1 Like
(Keldon Scott (Kel)) #6

Welcome aboard @Sal. Glad you have joined us. Where in the UP? I am in Lansing and love connecting with other Michiganders. That was an awesome connect message you wrote re the suicide query. You are a blessing to the site already. God-bless your journey and your time here

2 Likes
(Heidi Mitchell) #7

Hey Sal! @Sal
Just about a month :relaxed:

(Sally Alexander) #8

Hello @Keldon_Scott (is your first name Keldon or Scott?) I live near Marquette (the Ann Arbor of the UP :smile:) and had spent many years near Ann Arbor and in Detroit. I am working on an 1887 house. Loving the UP.

How did He bring you to Lansing, or to Michigan?

(Keldon Scott (Kel)) #9

Keldon. You can call me Kel though. Sounds like you took alot on with that house. I will be it will be gorgeous.

I moved from the Appleton WI to go to law school in Lansing (Cooley Law School). The Lord has been so faithful. Been here now 34 years. Seems like yesterday. Glad you are loving the UP. Sure hope that makes you a Packer fan. :slight_smile:

1 Like
(Sally Alexander) #10

Hi Kel, @Keldon_Scott Originally, the house was to be done in about a year, but still working on it.
The good news: “they” say if you don’t use it you will lose it - so, shouldn’t be “losing it” any time soon :smiley:

Yes, YHWH is SOO faithful, and time goes way too quickly!

1 Like
(Sally Alexander) #11

@sig Yes, as I have been reading, I see the need to review them as well. Was there something in the core module that stood out to you?

1 Like
(Sieglinde) #12

Straw man arguments and the importance of asking questions (a great weakness of mine). I am really insecure with asking questions. I’m not sure why. I really have to invest the time to overcome this. Also, the trap questions. You want to believe the person asking the question is genuine but I have experienced the opposite in several instances yet, it does give me growth opportunities so I’ll take it :slightly_smiling_face:
What about you? Hey look, I asked a question :joy:

2 Likes
(Sally Alexander) #13

Congratulations on asking a question!

That was one of my big ones, too. I interviewed a friend who continually shared her world view. It changed our relationship. At the end of our discussions during the interview assignment week, she said that someday she wanted to know what my answers to those questions would be. “Someday” has not yet come, but I am so grateful for the relative openness that resulted from asking questions about one of her favorite topics.

The second was the 3-4-5 Grid. I had studied at La Roc [the first?] US extension of L’Abri and appreciated Dr. Francis Schaeffer’s books, thoughts, study, etc. SO much, but I was not able to bring them into my relationships, as he did. The grid was the foundation I needed so that I could take the other concepts and build something I could use. It was like having a house rather than a pile of wood, shingles, plumbing, electrical fixtures, etc. just lying on the ground.

I appreciate your input and insights here so much! Keep asking those questions!

PS - @sig - and hey! Look! I didn’t ask a question - still need LOTS more work :blush:

3 Likes