Salome Vosloo

Good day
I am From South Africa. I am not in any active ministry or related position. I did, however, completed the Core Module a few weeks ago and has opened my account today on RZIM Connect. I am very excited to be part of this community. First of all, the opportunity to revisit the material presented in the Core Module is essential for me to able to internalize the content more in order to do more effective apologetics. Secondly, I am fortunate to access the wealth of information provided from fellow participants on this platform and get more insight about my Christian faith as well as those with different worldviews.

Best wishes
Salome Vosloo

6 Likes

Hello Salome, welcome and I am glad that you have opened an account. Congratulations on completing the core module. It’s been a while for me and still I like to listen to the lectures again. Connect offers an excellent platform for further learning. I am looking forward to hearing from you.

3 Likes

Thank you iDan
I still have to navigate my way through this platform, but your welcome message already makes me feel at home. May we speak and learn to grow in spiritual wisdom to best serve Christ.

4 Likes

Yes, exactly!
Here is a user guide with some basic information to help you find your way around. Maybe this will help you.

2 Likes

Hi @salome, welcome to connect. I see you have received a warm welcome from @iDan and he has given you some info in how to navigate through this forum :slightly_smiling_face: Congratulations on completing the course! It’s been a while for me also. What would you say was your most profound lesson?
So glad to have you here. Enjoy browsing and feel free to engage :pray:t3:

4 Likes

I haven’t looked at the courses yet, but Zavi spoke to me as I see so many problems with answering difficult questions for Christians. I’m going to look into this properly. Thanks again sister x

2 Likes

Hi Salome! This is Belle Clark. I am so excited for all the people I see from the Core Module who are connecting! I am looking forward to this leg of the journey! So glad you are here!!!

Hi
The core module was an eye opener and had a significant impact on how I view my Christian believe. I know that I am fortunate to have grown up as a Christian knowing Christ all my life. I have learnt so much from the course. Two things stand out for me. First of all - although Jesus commanded us to make disciples of all I need not take absolute every opportunity to engage in conversation with non-believers. I have to listen to my heart where the Holy Spirit gives me guidance in when to make use of an opportunity and trust Him to also give me guidance in what I will say in the conversation. Secondly, there is no substitute for honesty, showing respect and humility when answering the questioner.
I hope it answers you question.

3 Likes

Hi Salome…

Great to hear you have joined and also pray for whole world, who are suffering from this pandemic as i myself lost the job like me many of them lost there jobs pray for them to get success as in this tough time tourism industry is the most worst…
God bless you all

2 Likes

Thank you Bobby for sharing your hardship with me. I am definitely going to pray for the world. Here in South Africa the havoc that the pandemic has caused is also great and everybody feels it. In Luke 18:1-8 Jesus tells the parable of the Persistent Widow. He specifically told this parable to show his disciples that they should always pray and not give up. Although I get despondent, I cling to these words and really try to persist in prayer. This is one example of Jesus’s words what keeps me going. Does this makes sense to you?
Kind regards and God bless.
Salome

1 Like

Yes, thank you :slightly_smiling_face: