Scott Jordan

(scott beau jordan) #1

Hello, my name is Scott Jordan, I’m from Pleasant Valley, New York, USA.
I became a follower of Christ in 1999. What followed has been a back and forth relationship of amazing mountain top experiences combined with tragedies and periodic times where I let the world crowd out the Word of the Lord and went my own way; to my detriment. Invariably though, Christ continually draws me back to Himself.

I have been praying for some time for a place to ask questions. I have a wife and two beautiful step-daughters. I know I am called to lead them to Christ and invigorate them with His truth. How can I do this on my own? It is impossible. However, all things are possible through Christ, who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13. I have been praying for a place to ask my own questions in the Faith. I know Jesus but, what do I do with questions where the bible seems to contradict itself? What do I do when a non-believer makes a point and I can’t think of an answer. Yes, I can beat myself up for not being a better Christian… but I owe it to that person to find answers to these questions. I have been praying for a place to do this. My church is a lovely place for getting messages on Sunday, however, no one has time for discipleship with men who already believe. We are so focused on saving the lost, we don’t think to equip the saved. The Lord in answer to my prayers began waking me up at 5 am for the last year encouraging me to use my morning hours to search His word and look for answers such as these.

Admittedly, I have been rather slow in responding to the promptings to leave warm and cosy covers to sit in front of the cold computer. However, as with so many things when the still small and certain voice of God speaks, there is only one answer: Speak Lord for your servant is listening. (1st Samuel 3:10) Thus, I have begun to heed the call of the Lord and get up and search the Word of God and look at places to ask my various and troubling questions.

Today, I stumbled onto RZIM. I’ve listened to Ravi Zacharias on the radio and found him amazingly compelling. Wishing I could have that knowledge and be as powerful in one on one interactions with those in my own sphere of influence. However, I did not believe it possible to attain such confidence. Which I guess is the crux of the issue for most Christians. We believe in Christ, but question whether He can work with the husk of our own selves. We know how broken we each are. But, Christ is always there saying “if you say to that mountain…” (Mark 11:23). So it is with this seekers heart that I come now to RZIM connect.

I hope to ask the difficult questions that trouble me in my own walk with Christ. I hope to get answers and the ability through the use of the RZIM connect and its materials to enable my own walk so that I can, in turn, be a resource and reservoir to my family and the greater sphere of influence I have with those in my own daily interactions.

8 Likes
(Brittany Bowman) #2

Welcome to Connect, Scott. :smiley: It is so encouraging to hear of your thirst for Christ and your heart to lead others closer to Him. Praise the Lord!

3 Likes
(Melvin Greene) #3

Hi, @scottbeau. Thank you for introducing and sharing some of your life story. You are not alone, my brother. We all have questions and struggles with God’s word and our faith. This is a great place for you to be. I hope you will comfortable and safe to ask questions. There are no dumb questions. And I’ll bet dollars to donuts you also will be answering questions and edifying others. Welcome to Connect!

2 Likes
(Russell Mashburn) #4

Hello Scott. I’m new as well and wanted to say welcome. There’s a lot of knowledge here and I hope you find what you need.

1 Like