Screwtape letters

I recently started listening to the audio book of the screwtape letters. I’ve found it very interesting. Just wanted to know what are everyone else’s thoughts on the book. If you’ve read it or some of it let me know what you got out of it. I put this post in Christian growth cause I wasn’t sure where else it could go lol

5 Likes

@Luna I have read it many times. I think it is amazing. However, Lewis had such insight into the demonic, I do not know. Apparantely it is the most difficult book he ever wrote.
What I got out of it:

1. We have an enemy who is real and has been around and at work much longer than us.
  2. From Ch. 8 I believe it is. We go through seasons in our lives. This may be a normal part or our jouney.
  3. When we die the veil will be removed and we will see the spirit world that has been all around us and finally say goodbye to Wormwood:)
    I love that book so much!
3 Likes

@Luna I think the thing that stood out to me most from this book was that I should keep my eyes on Christ and focus on loving others rather than judging them for their oddities. Lewis offered some insight into thought patterns of pride that can keep us from the humility necessary to truly love God and others.

2 Likes

I read it probably 3 or 4 times, back in the '70s when I was a young believer. I found it intriguing the insight Lewis had toward the demonic world. I would like to read something similar written in light of today’s world.

When I picked it up I was advised to be careful. The scripture says, “We battle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities and powers…” (Eph. 6) We have nothing to fear from them, because in us who believe God’s perfect love casts out fear. Nevertheless, since since “the thief comes to steal, kill and destroy…” (John 10:10a) he constantly seeks to compromise our walk – through leading us into believing lies.

Make sure your armor is on as you read.