Scripture Highlighting

Hi friends,

An RZIM Connect member recommended we add the following feature to our community. This feature creates a popup window to display the text of any Scripture verses mentioned in the community.

Try it out. Place your mouse pointer over the words ‘1 John 4:19’ to see the pop-up window below:

1 John 4:19

The default version is the English Standard Version.

Of course, if you prefer to share a Bible verse in another translation, you can always add that directly to your post, like so:

1 John 4:19 (SBL Greek New Testament)

ἡμεῖς ἀγαπῶμεν, ὅτι αὐτὸς πρῶτος ἠγάπησεν ἡμᾶς.

I hope you enjoy this new feature!

11 Likes

Give that boy a raise.:grinning:

4 Likes

The truth is, I am working with an amazing developer!

3 Likes

I love this! Thanks to that member :star_struck:

1 Like

Wooaaa!! :scream: Amaziinggg! I profoundly believe this community would love it so much!! Thank you for this incredible new feature!! :heart::heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Does this work for mobile devices as well?
I’m trying John 3:16 (King James Version)

Added: Cool! But I have to manually copy and past a different translation for the reference if I am referring to another version?

This is a very nifty idea and addition! :slight_smile: Good thinking!

3 Likes

Correct! The feature only supports a default version of the Bible being displayed. But there is a simple work-around: manually add a different translation than the default one if desired.

For instance, at many churches, they have pew Bibles that are all the same translation. But they usually don’t prevent people from bringing their own Bible into the service. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Awesome!

1 Like

I noticed that some scriptures highlighted in some of my earlier posts and thought maybe a moderator had gone in to edit them. (Haha, idk why they would do that bc I’m sure there are other, more pressing responsibilities).

But this is VERY cool! Props to your developer!!! :clap:t2::tada:

2 Likes