Season 1 Finale, Pt. 1: Objection! The Resurrection Accounts are Contradictory

Please click on the blue link below for the latest The Defense Rests podcast, then return here to tell us what you think!

This season started off with Abdu discussing burdens of proof and episodes on a lawyer’s case for the resurrection. As we wrap up season one of The Defense Rests, we apply those themes to a common objection by skeptics: the Bible’s crucifixion and resurrection accounts have discrepancies.

This week’s podcast is part 1 in which Abdu takes on Dr. Bart Ehrman’s bold claims of seeming contradictions in the accounts of the resurrection of Jesus Christ.

How does Abdu’s discussion of this topic motivate you to read scripture more carefully, study and discuss God’s Word in connection with others in order that you may be built up and bring Truth to those you encounter?

3 Likes

This is one of my favorite podcasts ever! I enjoy Abdu Murray as a speaker and love to hear his insight on all the issues he covers. I particularly loved his interviews with Greg Koukl and J. Warner Wallace. I now listen to Stand to Reason all the time, (I love that ministry family too) and I intend on purchasing several of Wallace’s books.
Hearing about all the objections to Christianity and then listening to the way they are uncovered and exposed is very helpful and encouraging. I have learned to look at the Bible with much more scrutiny. I follow along with the text in front of me and make notes wherever I can. Truth be told, I should have bought a Bible with bigger margins. I also find that when I read something extra biblical and I come across something I’ve read about in the text I’m more inclined to make a note of it, recall it later, and even connect more passages within the text itself. The method Abdu uses resonates with me and it’s memorable. But this is the kind of engaging, detail-oriented, creative apologetics that I love. I’m a huge fan of this podcast and eagerly await the final episode of this season, and many more to come.
Thank you so much for this, and God Bless!
Michaela

3 Likes

Thank you @TruthInOurTime for your thoughtful and insightful post! I agree :100: And I think Abdu has launched his first season of The Defense Rests with an incredible amount of fresh and applicable content and interesting guests!
I am so encouraged by your practice of what you’ve learned in this podcast! I am reminded that God’s Word stands to the test, and we are blessed by a lifetime of engagement! I never ceased to be amazed at how He meets us with a fresh word for each season of life no matter how many times we may have read a passage!
And when we meet someone who wants to dialog about perceived contradictions that we are unfamiliar with, we can search the scriptures and pray for the Lord to show us through His Holy Spirit what Truth needs to be shared.
I look forward to the final episode also. I hope you will join us here again as we plan to post it once it’s published!

3 Likes

I appreciated Abdu Murray’s point that we don’t always need an exterior source to explain apparent contradictions – we can often find the answers ourselves when we read the Biblical text carefully. He mentioned a couple details I had never noticed in the resurrection accounts. I won’t say which details because that would be a spoiler for anyone who hasn’t listened to the podcast yet, and I highly recommend listening. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes