Seasons of Praise... Chapter 1: Coming out of winter

Have we been too silent through the cold and vast wintery shades of gray? Join with me in praise as we break the ice of sorrow and lift our faces towards the sun.

Whatever your challenge has been; this is the day we glorify our Father in heaven for bringing us safely through this winter and into the hope of Spring. Please share your praise for whatever your circumstance. Help us build hope and share our victorys in our Lord and savior, Jesus Christ.

I was told by many doctors, I will not be here this day. Yet, I have come home to be with my foster mother, and I am here this day to glorify my Father in heaven . My brain ( marbles ) and physical prowess have much to be relearned, but yet, here I am to glorify and praise my Lord !

Please share something encouraging in our Lord with the community. Even if there is sorrow; there is praise. Let us hear something, no matter how small or how large! Every time we praise our Lord through any circumstance, we are blessed!

2 Corinthians 12: 9-10 ’ My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is perfected in weakness. Therefore I will boast all the more gladly in my weakness, so the power of Christ may rest on me. That is why, for the sake of Christ, I delight in weakness, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak: Then I am strong. ’

Please take a moment to share a little bit of your story, but most importantly, your praise for our Lord !

Blessings,
~Sanah~

5 Likes

Good morning my friend and fellow servant. Praise,; an encouraging word of Gods wonderful, goodness, mercy, and grace given by one to others to help in thier time of need. I thank God for you. Your testimony, spirit and enthusiasm.
I will add more later but living in the mountains of West Virginia, I hope I am not being premature in this, but a praise to Him that we have had a mild winter. It has been beneficial to my beautiful wife.
Hallelujah to Christ our Lord.
Mike

3 Likes

@sanahdalah15, Hi, the hymn( In Christ alone )comes to mind. In Christ alone my hope is found,
He is my light, my strength, my song
This Cornerstone, this solid Ground
Firm through the fiercest drought and storm.
What heights of love, what depths of peace
When fears are stilled, when strivings cease
My Comforter, my All in All
Here in the love of Christ I stand.

In Christ alone! - who took on flesh,
Fullness of God in helpless babe.
This gift of love and righteousness,
Scorned by the ones He came to save
Till on that cross as Jesus died,
The wrath of God was satisfied
For every sin on Him was laid
Here in the death of Christ I live.

There in the ground His body lay,
Light of the world by darkness slain:
Then bursting forth in glorious day
Up from the grave He rose again
And as He stands in victory
Sin’s curse has lost its grip on me,
For I am His and He is mine
Bought with the precious blood of Christ

No guilt in life, no fear in death,
This is the power of Christ in me
From life’s first cry to final breath,
Jesus commands my destiny
No power of hell, no scheme of man,
Can ever pluck me from His hand
Till He returns or calls me home
Here in the power of Christ I’ll stand.

What more glorious thought could there be than this that we have been transported out of the kingdom of darkness and into the kingdom of the son of his love. Redeemed justified being sanctified with the guarantee of our glorification. What an amazing God we serve no matter the circumstance we find ourselves in, He is our all in all. My praise is that He has captured my heart with His love for me!!!
Thank you for this thread

4 Likes

Speaking of praise, @sanahdalah15, the Lord brought to my mind years ago while I was struggling with a heavy heart a phrase from the verse in Isaiah 61:3 “the garment of praise instead of the spirit of heaviness.” Since that day I’ve always looked at praise as the perfect antidote to the heaviness of heart we all feel at times to varying degrees (especially during cold winters). Whenever I am discouraged or feeling depressed, I’ve learned to wear this garment and to pour my heart to the Lord in praise. Hours can be spent praising God for the normal every day things we tend to take for granted. We can then move to the spiritual treasures we have been granted in Christ. We are rich beyond measure yet so often the eyes of our hearts are dim like Isaac’s or like the man who on first having his sight restored saw men as trees. Sanah, I’m interested in the antidotes God has hidden in His word. For instance, the antidote to anxiety is prayer and supplication with thanksgiving (Philippians 4:6). What other antidotes to our daily struggles have you seen? I’m thinking Proverbs would have a lot. May I ask, Sanah, what happened to you that doctors thought you would not see this day? Please do not feel obligated to answer in any way. I am blessed by your love for Christ and reliance on Him. “Who is this that comes up from the wilderness, leaning upon her beloved?” (Song of Solomon 8:5). May your eyes of faith always be bright and your tongue the pen of a ready writer (Psalm 45:1).

2 Likes

Hello again Sanah, your post inspires me to share a praise worthy 13 year old story that here I have not given much detail to.
Late February 2007 I attended a funeral of the Pastor who opened His pulpit to preach my first message. I started to experience a pain in my lower back, which worsened through the nite. On Sunday morning the next day I went to the emergency room to get checked out. While waiting, praying, wondering and questioning I heard “this sickness is not a sickness leading unto death” ok no big deal were good. After some tests my diagnosis was confirmed as Leukemia. A big deal for a 52 year old. I was not instantly healed but God healed me in His way, in His time for there was a greater purpose behind it all, unknown to me at the time.
I realized after the fact just how much God cared about me and my family. God planned for us a place to live, God has a plan in all things, that most times we are blind to. He planned years in advance to prepare for this day. My RN daughter chose to take a position on the oncology floor were a well known Oncologist took her under her wing. That oncologist was instrumental in what God was doing, while not a Christian, today she tells me I am healed. I was being treated and met great people we encouraged each other, prayed. My praise comes by sharing that my other daughter in ministry had a dream that I died, an attack from the enemy of course but in turn strengthened her resolve that God is in control. Many others questioned and thought i would not make it, but Jesus proved them wrong. Thier faith increased and thier future struggles were easier to bare. Gods faithfulness and mercy kept me. What I heard as you are aware is this scripture.
John 11:4 NKJV
When Jesus heard that, He said, “This sickness is not unto death, but for the glory of God, that the Son of God may be glorified through it.”
Gods glory is a paramount concern and I want Him to be praised in every way. I am certain since the beginning many seeds, much watering has taken place because.
Romans 8:28
And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose. I spent my B.C. life full of pride arrogance, and conceit.
I am so grateful He found me that I try to give Him back what I stole.
Mike

2 Likes

Spring is nearly here! Let us rejoice and praise our father. We are coming out of this winter together in our Lord, stronger than the one before. Winter is a time for contemplation, so let us plant in the field of our Lord and be ready for the season of harvest, But for now, let us rejoice for every season in our Lord. No matter our circumstance. Psalm 118:24 This is the day the LORD has made; let us rejoice in be glad in it.

The Diamond of God

Each of us is as a facet upon the face of a brilliant diamond through which eternity
shines casting a spectrum of color across the face of creation. Just below the
surface luminous rays become haunting howls of a lone wolf and the kind
whales healing song both touching the heart of every creature joined
within our Lords’s creation. The hauning howls and healing songs
reach deep into the diamonds center becoming a sympanty of
swaying Lillies over luch green meadows upon an ocean of
evergreens walzing timelessly together. The dance
moves ever deeper. The melody of all life is now
joyfully silent within the diamonds heart. A
quiet wind rests in the heart of God : His
sound of love forever calls us. We
know our beloved holds us all
forever within God’s heart.
God father, Son, and
the Holy Spirit.
Our God:
One.

~ Sanah Dalah

What I find interesting is this did not come out in the form of a diamond, but it appeared only half of the written diamond. It is a bealutiful reminder how lacking we are without the completion of our Lord , Jesus Christ. So it came out more perfect than I could imagine.

Blessings,
~Sanah~

3 Likes

Hello again Sanah, your post inspires me to share a praise worthy 13 year old story that here I have not given much detail to.
Late February 2007 I attended a funeral of the Pastor who opened His pulpit to preach my first message. I started to experience a pain in my lower back, which worsened through the nite. On Sunday morning the next day I went to the emergency room to get checked out. While waiting, praying, wondering and questioning I heard “this sickness is not a sickness leading unto death” ok no big deal were good. After some tests my diagnosis was confirmed as Leukemia. A big deal for a 52 year old. I was not instantly healed but God healed me in His way, in His time for there was a greater purpose behind it all, unknown to me at the time.
I realized after the fact just how much God cared about me and my family. God planned for us a place to live, God has a plan in all things, that most times we are blind to. He planned years in advance to prepare for this day. My RN daughter chose to take a position on the oncology floor were a well known Oncologist took her under her wing. That oncologist was instrumental in what God was doing, while not a Christian, today she tells me I am healed. I was being treated and met great people we encouraged each other, prayed. My praise comes by sharing that my other daughter in ministry had a dream that I died, an attack from the enemy of course but in turn strengthened her resolve that God is in control. Many others questioned and thought i would not make it, but Jesus proved them wrong. Thier faith increased and thier future struggles were easier to bare. Gods faithfulness and mercy kept me. What I heard as you are aware is this scripture.
John 11:4 NKJV
When Jesus heard that, He said, “This sickness is not unto death, but for the glory of God, that the Son of God may be glorified through it.”
Gods glory is a paramount concern and I want Him to be praised in every way. I am certain since the beginning many seeds, much watering has taken place because.
Romans 8:28
And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose. I spent my B.C. life full of pride arrogance, and conceit.
I am so grateful He found me that I try to give Him back what I stole. Thank you and may He pour out His virtue in manifold measure.
Mike

1 Like

Dear Mr. Rodney,

All of your words, art, and expressions in our Lord screams to me: You have entered through a sacred gate. You are very cautious to reveal, but express in the art our Lord gave you, that is deeply reflective of your persoanal experiences and hope. Even this was or was not your words, they convey your heart.

You seem to be still on the jouney, across a river, on a boat, weighed down with conviction and knowledge, and you are not sinking today or anyday my brother. Because our Father carries you, and you are His humble servent to deliver what you have learned in our Lord, to the shore, not far too far away.

I always feel at peace when I read a post from you. May the Lord bring you ashore my brother. You have a lot in our Lord to share. You are building people up, as you are buiding me… please don’t ever stop.

James 1:17
Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the father of heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows. ’

Always, you are the same. May our Father continue to bless you

Blessings, ~
Sanah~

2 Likes

Dear Ms. Alandis,

I always love to read your words.

Yes mam! ’ The garment of praise is much our life blood in spirit.

I will not offer another scripture as you nailed it in Isaiah: 61:3.

I really love the way you have assigned the sripture to adtidotes. Indeed all of our Lord’s word is the andidote to al trouble. Thank you for encouraging all of us to go deeper in the ’ Word’ and this where we find our answers.

To answer your question, forgive my vagueness. I was in bad car accident at 6, and lost most of my family. I relearned all again because of the brain injury. I came to this home with Lisa when I was 14. It is here I came to my Lord. A few months later, the sezures started, and the weakness in my brain vessels began to manifest from the time, when I was 6. I have had three major bleeds, ( strokes ) from weak vessels from then on. I am re-learning how to do many things. I was not supposed to survive this last weak vessel near my brain stem. It was sussefuly coiled, but not without some bleeding and trauma. I have recovered half way! Now I am home! There are more weakness in my vessels. I can not look there. They will coil them, or not. All is in God’s hands as always, and even … things seem impossible like now… we prevail! Still Philppins 1:21 ’ For me to live is Christ, and to die is gain.’

The way you are able to bring the scripture to expression, especially here, where every one is watching your words, it is a gift mam. I pray you always write to the awareness of your heart in our Lord.

Blessings, ~Sanah~

2 Likes

Dear Mr. Mike,

I teared to cry reading your words.

When I read them. I could not even begin to believe, after the accident when I was 6, God had already placed people, medicine, and familt, in my good care, as he so did you. It is hard to explain , common ’ miracles’ to most ; it is a already a logic in error. But here we are, and here we exist, we share and continue the word and our Lord.

I get the feeling sir, you have been fighting many battles a part from Christ, and in Christ a long time now. You prevail because of our Lord. I close my eyes and see a man with very large pole, fighting off guns, swords, and Satan.

Do not ever estimate your power in our Lord. I can not see those things Mr. Mike. But I can see how you have helped to clarify my direction. I only hope I give back a little to you sir.

Blessings.
~Sanah~

1 Like

Wow, my dear Sanah, I am amazed at what the Lord has brought your through and how He has molded you through this fire. You did not pass through these floods alone; He was with you and is with you still. I am encouraged by you, and the hope you carry in your heart brings glory to God and blessing to those you touch. Keep on keeping on by His grace. There is nothing that He does not see, and every tear He keeps in a bottle. Nothing you’ve been through will ever be wasted. We think we came up with the idea of recycling! No, we didn’t. God works everything out for our good, and there’s nothing He doesn’t use for our benefit. At the same time, I imagine there are days you are tempted to say, “why me?” and I suppose you may answer yourself, “why not me?” Both of these questions may cause us pain. I pray the Lord gives you more experiences with Himself that overshadow the loss and pain you experience in this wilderness. We all have our struggles, but some are smaller and some are larger, but He is greater than all, and His banner over us is love. Here’s a verse from a song I wrote years ago:

Pure streams of grace
Falling from Heaven
From my Father’s place.
Pure streams of grace
Come to refresh me
As His will I face;
Oh Father, your tender love I trace
And Father, through Christ I run this race;
I give my life to you, whatever Lord is true
There’s nothing here to do but to depend on You;
I will depend on You!
I will depend on You.

The Lord bless you and keep you @sanahdalah15. Philippians 1:6

1 Like

Dear Ms Alandis,

You write so beautifullt and explain simple things so easy.

I do try not to look at the MRI’s. They deem death soon! In this I am not afraid, but let us see… Isaiah 41:10 Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you witmy rightouus right hand.’

1 Like

God is the only one who knows when our earthly days are done. So yes, I am glad you try not to look at those MRIs. Peter walked on water as long as his eyes were on Jesus. So let’s see, Isaiah 41:10 gives us the antidote to fear (consistently recalling we have a loving mighty Friend who walks with us) and the antidote to dismay (consistently recalling that He is our God - sovereign over all things). Thanks for this great verse, @sanahdalah15. Have a blessed day. I am praying for you.

1 Like

Hi Sanah,

Its me Danny. We were from the same RZIM Academy course last year. It is so nice to see you here in the Connect. Really want to thank God for you as you never fail to inspire and encourage me with your faith and trust in our Almighty God. This is one thing I can definitely praise God and thank God for…your life and your simple faith.

Another thing that I want to thank God for is His providence and provision in this new season of my life as I ended my sabbatical. His provision of a new job (even though I did not actively seek it) and His providence through simply molding me as I seek and wrestle with Him during the year of sabbatical. It sounded irony as sabbatical is meant as rest but I really struggle and wrestle with God on many questions that I had in the experiences that I encountered in my previous season.

God is faithful and even when I was at the deepest point of my doubt and struggle, He still reveal Himself and His promises to me through His word.

“You who have made me see many troubles and calamities will revive me again; from the depths of the earth you will bring me up again. You will increase my greatness and comfort me again.” Ps 71:20-21

I hope this will encourage you too that He will raise us up again and will comfort us.

1 Like

Is He smiling? Yes I believe He is, as well as i and many others who see your faith in action. What a beautiful praise to God.
Love in Christ
Mike

2 Likes

@sanahdalah15. Inside me gleefully yells, me too, me too. I am witness, I know the faithfulness of GOD is always present. Even when I don’t see it or feel it. I would like to share one of His acts of faithfulness to me.

In October 2013 I found myself admitted to ICU. How I arrived there is another story of grace. But I will just speak of some of what the Lord did for me during that period. After being released into Rehab, I was brought back for consultation with a team of surgeons. I was told I had among other problems, a leaking heart valve that would no longer close as it should.

The surgeons all agreed I should prepare for heart surgery as soon as possible. As they spoke it seemed they were awaiting a display of grief and fear. But the Lord would not allow those sentiments to enter my soul. I simply said that I was confident that whatever path I must walk that I would be okay.

After the consultation, I conveyed my preference to the Lord. With many tears I said; “this is a very small thing for you Lord. You are Creator of all. I know what the doctors have said, but if I am allowed to make a request, I don’t want to have heart surgery.”

Joy and peace continued to envelop me carrying me through testing, some of which required that I be placed under anesthesia. But I kept the assurance that all would be well.

Several weeks after the final test, while sitting in a meeting I received a telephone call. It was the chief Surgeon’s nurse. She told me that after reviewing all the testing results the surgeons had decided that there was no need for heart surgery. They would watch me for a while. But they no longer believed surgery was necessary.

Despite it all, there is always, JESUS!

3 Likes

@sanahdalah15, yes I am on a journey but not from being weighed down by conviction :hugs: but a journey of growing in my understanding of how much my heavenly Father loves me. My poem Throne of my Heart, was not about me per say but more aimed as an evangelistic tool. It speaks of the unrepentent heart being called little by little to surrender unto new life thru Christ.
I should have prefaced the poem a little better I have had my friends and family at my local church think I was talking about me. I have been studying Romans really for the first time and have been enamored in a new way with the perfect salvation God has given us from death to life and the poem was born out of this study. The Lord has taught me many things over the years but lately he’s been putting all of the pieces together to form a whole picture. I was concerned for you the other day and wanted to encourage you so I sent you the hymn In Christ alone. It has meant much to me over the years and even more so as I’ve been studying Romans. Blessings sister

InHim
Rod

2 Likes

Dear Ms. Alandis,

Your words are beautiful, and often when I close my eyes to contemplate them, I see justice. A beautiful justice our Lord has in perfect balance. Our symbol of justice is a lady blindfolded with scales and a sword. It is supposed to be fair and just for all. But it is not. We, as humans always fall short. However, our Lords justice is always fair and balances in perfection. But most importantly, our Father is tempered with boundless love and endless mercy. When I read the verses you share for a situation, it is as the image of scales tilting to favor His children and bring us home in all trials and tribulation. But also ‘blind’ ( unjudging )that anyone can come to his ‘word’ ( sword) ’ and also find this mercy, ( scales tilting to save us ) which is our salvation in His truth. I love reading our Lords andadotes to our situations. I am glad you have shared this. Perhaps this will be a very awesome thread for you to start! It will be such a blessings to read the situations of others who can also share their scriptual antidotes given by the Holy Spirit.

Thank you also for your song… I tried to bring it down here, but I can not remember how!

It reminded me much of Psalm 27:13-14 ’ I believe I shall look upon the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living! Wait for the Lord; be strong and let your heart take courage; wait for the Lord. ’

Blessings,
~Sanah~

1 Like

Dear Mr. Danny,

Thank you for stopping by and with more than an inspiring word, but also with such depth and honesty that I mostly remember about you.

Thank you sir, always for your wisdom and humility.

Your wrestling with God seems like the story of of Jacob. Even the Lord dislocated His hip, Jacob refused to let go until be was blessed. In this he became Israel. I think sometimes we are confounded and must wrestle with our questions while holding fast to God. And in this, our Father has blessed you for remaining true. Now, in many ways, you have such wisdom to share and be His vessel to bring others through similar circumstances.

It seems our Lord has many things awaiting in your future Mr. Danny. Enjoy this peace and assurance you have in our Father in the present. Peace in Jesus is every step. You are blessed Mr. Danny.

Matthew 5:9 ’ Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God.’

Blessings,
~Sanah~

1 Like

Dear Mr. Mike.

You always remind me of freedom. You once made a choice to serve our Father.You’ve posted some hints about you, yet remain elusive. I believe you have such understanding, it will be hard for you to explain. I imagine you as a wild horse our Lord tamed and gave freedom. And you choose to remaiin free in our Lord. Some people believe freedom is escaping, when it is more what our Lord gave us: Free will; the freedom to choose.

People think being a Christian is like being in prison. When in fact, we put ourselves in a cell outside of His love. In Him; we have the freedom to make the right choice. Or the wrong one… but there is no mercy seat ’ out there.’

There are not many wild horses left in the world Mr. Mike. But I have seen videos, and they are truely beautiful in the grace of our Father.

Thank you for always reminding us of this freedom in His will.

2 Corinthians 3:17 ’ Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.’

Blessings,
~Sanah~
~~