Shantha

(shantha pieris) #1

Say hello…Hi

Where are you from? Originally from Sri Lanka

What led you to join Connect? Desire to learn

How do you hope to contribute? I am interested in reaching university students for Christ

9 Likes
(Sujan) #2

Hi @shantha welcome to the forum.

(Lakshmi Mehta) #3

Welcome @shantha, I have been so blessed by university student ministries and am very thankful for them. May your time spent here on Connect provide you with the resources you may be looking for. Connect would also be a great place to discuss questions and insights that you encounter with your students!

3 Likes
(Omar Rushlive Lozada Arellano) #4

Hello @shantha. Welcome to Connect. I’m excited to see you learn more and use your learning in reaching out students for Christ :slight_smile:

4 Likes
(Olivia Davis) #5

Hi Shantha! We’re glad that you are here. It’s a blessing to have someone who is eager to reach out to university students. I’ve only been out of college a short time and it truly is a mission field that is ripe for harvest! Jump in and join the forums – there’s always a good discussion brewing. Welcome to Connect!

4 Likes
(Daniel) #6

Hi Shantha :slightly_smiling_face: With your desire to learn and your concern to reach students, Connect is the place to be. In the forums there are contributions to different topics, e.g. books for a doubting university student. There are also others who deal with students in the same way: Leigh Ann @Leigh_Coudriet and Mark @mark.erickson.2 Welcome to our community and God’s blessing.

1 Like
(Heidi Mitchell) #7

Welcome Shantha! @shantha

(Leigh Ann Coudriet) #8

Hi Shantha! So glad you have joined connect.
I have friends from Sri Lanka with the same last name - spelled slightly different… Peiris. :slight_smile:

Do you work in the University setting? If so, where?
And does the university have an organization like FRIENDS OF INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS?