Shanti

Say hello…
Hello everyone in the RZIM Connect Family.

Where are you from?
I’m from Malaysia, where it is Muslim-dominant. Christian evangelism and activities do not happen easily, without strong opposition or persecution from the majority and the ruling bodies.

What led you to join Connect?
I discovered the world of apologetics when I first stumbled onto one of Nabeel Qureshi’s video. His sharings then led me to watch RZIM’s videos, and try to explore and learn the word of God, and I haven’t stopped since.

How do you hope to contribute?
I hope to do what everyone else does, sharing experiences and knowledge and asking important questions, on our journey to both learn from and guide each other at the same time.

God bless.

6 Likes

Welcome to Connect, Shanti. It’s great to hear of your courage in following Christ. Please know I am lifting you up in prayer, even from the other side of the world. Hopefully, you find encouragement here at Connect, have an outlet for your questions, and study together with fellow Christians. Looking forward to learning more from you! :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Thank you @Brittany_Bowman1
I hope that this platform can help all of us have a safe place to learn, ask questions and have healthy dialogue with each other. :blush:
God bless.

4 Likes

Selamat Malam from the US Shanti. Welcome to Connect. I look forward to learning with you. I have been to church in KL and have seen a very vibrant church there. I love your country.

4 Likes

Selamat Malam @brianlalor :grin: Glad you enjoyed your time in Kl! KL is very diverse city and I’m sure that church represented it well. I’m looking forward to visiting the US this year.

4 Likes

Welcome aboard @Shanti. Glad to have you with us clear from Malaysia. Nabeel is very missed. But, his impact continues. So glad he impacted your journey. May the Lord protect you there and grant you knowledge, strategies, and favor in your evangelical mission.

4 Likes

Hello @Shanti, welcome :slightly_smiling_face: God bless Nabeel Quershi, he is still leading people to God! We are so grateful to have you here :heart: I trust you will learn a great deal here and we will also learn from you. Looking forward to reading more of your thoughts and insight.
I just happen to be reading this morning in the book of Acts in chapter 9 where Saul (whose name was changed to Paul after his conversion) encountered Jesus on the road to Damascus. I have read that there are many people in Muslim dominant countries having dreams and visions of Jesus much like Nabeel. Have you ever met anyone with this type of testimony?
God bless :pray:t3:

3 Likes

Thank you @Keldon_Scott and @sig
I’m excited to be here. Nabeel Qureshi is a special man of God who’s still able to touch the hearts of many (including a naturally skeptical person like me) after his passing. :blush:

And yes @sig, there are actually many who have come to Christ because of their encounters with God, they have beautiful testimonies. However, when this happens to someone who is a Muslim in this country, and they wish to pursue their new faith, they unfortunately have to end up doing it ‘underground’. The laws here make it almost impossible for them to leave Islam.

5 Likes

I remember reading about that through 8thirty8. You are all incredibly committed and brave Christians. Our hearts go out to you. I will remember you in my prayers. God bless you :heart:
“We are afflicted in every way, but not crushed; perplexed, but not driven to despair; persecuted, but not forsaken; struck down, but not destroyed.”
2 Corinthians 4:8-9

3 Likes