Sharing Jesus, as the Son of God, with Muslims?

What is the best way to share Jesus as the Son of God with Muslims?

1 Like

Polemics against Islam and contrasting their beliefs with Biblical scriptures. Muslims are good at polemics but bad at questioning their own faith. We have good answers for everything they have thrown at us, but so far nobody has really called their faith into scrutiny.

The good use of polemics is required to get them to start questioning. Look into Pfander Films (Dr Jay Smith), Acts17 Apologetics (Dr. David Wood) and CIRA International (Al Fadi) for good material against them.

These folks are all Christian based channels and will help to give you a good start to start challenging the Islamic faith.

2 Likes

Add to the great recommendations of @articwind this one answering Islam. God bless your efforts.

1 Like

@ShawnDavidNg, I think the best way to share with anyone, especially Muslims, is to become friends first. When I was in college, I saw a huge change in openness to talking about the Gospel after I became friends with students who were Muslim vs jumping in and discussing Jesus without a friendship.

Andy Bannister spoke at a church in Houston a while back and it’s very helpful to watch and learn from him. The video is on YouTube and is over two hours, so make sure you have time or can take breaks to see it all - very worth it. Or, you can click HERE for the video.

2 Likes

Not sure if I know the best way. What we do as a team is clarify the term Son of God with them. Typically a Muslim will assume that Christians believe that God slept with Mary and had Jesus.They believe she conceived while still a virgin too, therefore God couldn’t as she was still a virgin.
The Quran says how can Allah have son since he had no consort.
For a little while I might have little loving to and fro like I would ask do you believe Allah can do anything they would answer ‘yes’ then. I would ask them if he could have a son and they would normally say ‘no’ I would repeat it slowly a couple of times and he might get my point.
Then we would go through the definition of son of God according to the bible.
He came from God
Earthly humans that have fathers are 100% flesh from flesh.
Jesus had no earthly father but from 100% God from God
Then we might talk about loving Father and trinity.’ This is my son whom I love’
Are you the messiah son of the blessed one ?
We show and explain son of god,sons of god, son of man.

1 Like