Shiva

Hi everyone,

I have been living in California for over 20 years, I was born and raised in India. I grow up as a strong Hindu and now get to call you my brothers and sisters for the last 14 years! Growing up I was a deeply committed Hindu, yet I had the Romans 1 experience of knowing that God is personal/real via nature.

Funny fact about me :slight_smile: In Indian culture, my name Shiva is a guy’s name but it works in the west as it ends with an “a.” Want to ensure that you all know I am women, haha!

I was lead to RZIM Connect to get to know other believers and learn. I am passionate about engaging in conversation with the hurting (both nonbelievers and believers) and in hopes of connecting them to a loving God. I have been engaging in light conversations with nonbelievers via a conversation group and a future video platform. To learn to ask questions well with empathy and compassion. I am also interested in speaking and writing on these topics and gospel-centered topics/apologetics/Bible-related topics etc.,. I am interested in how our identity in Christ has an impact on how we live out our faith.

I can contribute by sharing my experience and passion for the Lord/Christian living/ministry. I have been serving part-time in ministry for over a decade and also full-time for a little while in the past. Was involved with various church ministries/Christian organizations from coordinating events to teaching the Bible as well as speaking at events. I attended a church-based bible college then via a pastor’s encouragement started attending Biola Univesity’s Talbot School of Theology seeking an M.Div part-time. I also work full time.

Looking forward to learning about with you all :slight_smile:
Shiva

12 Likes

Hi shiva welcome to Rzim connect. I welcome you as a fellow Indian . I was born and raised in Hindu family. But i live in India. May God bless you

6 Likes

Wow! Welcome to connect @shiva316! Your introduction was inspiring to read. I was very blessed by it :pray: It sounds like you have been a busy woman! I trust you will be such a blessing here as you engage and I look forward to reading some of your thoughts and insight. We also have a place for testimonies if you feel led to share how you came to know the Lord. https://connect.rzim.org/c/christian-growth/member-testimonies
I am sure it would minister to many. Take care and enjoy browsing :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

@shiva316 Nice to meet you!

1 Like

Greetings and hello @shiva316!
It is a pleasure to meet you and I was so encouraged by your story. It’s amazing how God has and is continuing to use you in awesome ways. Welcome to Connect, and I hope you feel at home here! Please let me know if there is any way I can pray for you friend! :cherry_blossom:

4 Likes

@Saravanan! Thank you for your kind message and blessed to hear that you have also found the Lord in India!

4 Likes

@sig Thank you for your encouraging and loving reply. The Lord is faithful and I am having the time of my life with Him. I got to read your testimony, glory to the Lord! I love how you shared you are thankful with scriptures written next to it. I will write a bit of testimony in the section you mentioned. I am looking forward to getting know you here :smile:

4 Likes

Nice to meet you as well @joncarp

@eminikel Hi Elizabeth, Great to meet you as well! God is definitely faithful! I would appreciate prayers to draw near to the Lord and to grow in how I ask questions/draw others out for His glory. I will pray for you as well. Let me know if you like any specific prayers. Your new friend :):sunflower:

3 Likes

I came to know Christ when I was in Indonesia through a Philippine woman. I back to India 2 months ago. now I’m in the process of searching a church for getting baptized. Anyway thanks for reply. May God bless you.

5 Likes

@shiva316 Hello sister-in-Christ! I will most certainly be lifting up your specific prayers :pray:t4:. May God bless, protect, and guide you today and always. Please pray for my husband and I as we are about to move and start a new chapter in our lives in mission. Ask that God would open hearts and doors in our new neighborhood and everywhere we go! Thank you friend! :hibiscus:

2 Likes

Hi Shiva! Great to meet you in this platform!
I have found some people who have meet Jesus in wild circumstances, and I’m always keen to hear how creative is our Lord.
It would be too pretentious if I ask you to give a brief summary of your experience finding God? :blush:
Blessings, Aldo

1 Like

@shiva316, you’ve attended Biola! Have been looking into their counselling degree. :slight_smile: Hear really great things about their programs. Good for you.

2 Likes

@Lauri_Lou_Jones
Thank you, I am enjoying my time at Biola! The professors are great and they invest in us so Christ is formed in us. Yes, I am aware of the Counseling program, I will be taking a few classes from within their seminary program :smiley:

2 Likes

@eminikel
Thank you for being so kind! I will definitely be praying for your move and all the related desires on your and your husband’s heart

@ventura.aldo
Great meeting you as well! Funny you ask, the brief summary is on the testimony section of Connect posted a few data ago. Let me know if you can’t find it. Glory to the Lord!

3 Likes

A warm welcome to you Shiva @shiva316
Welcome to connect and I am so glad to meet you. I am so blessed by your testimony and your love for God’s people. Congratulations
Grace be with you.

3 Likes

Welcome Shiva.

2 Likes

Good to hear from you Shiva.
I am Baljit Singh. I come from a Sikh family. Currently, I am teaching in a Bible School and also serving as a youth Pastor in India.

2 Likes