Sikhism and Christianity

(Olivia Davis) #1

Hi everyone!

I teach piano online, and one of the coolest things about this job (other than that I can wear pajama pants to work) is that I get to work with people from all over the US. I’ve started teaching a 9-year old boy from New York City, and his mother also watches. During the last lesson, she told me a little bit more about themselves: they’re from India, and practice Sikhism. It was really cool to learn a bit about what they believed, and she emailed me a little flyer telling about their religion. I liked how she shared her faith so willingly and openly. I want to think about how might talk to her about Jesus so that I will be prepared – and I actually thought about using RZIM Connect before Google (mission accomplished, @CarsonWeitnauer)!

My question: Have you ever had conversations about Christianity with Sikhs? If so, what did you learn about presenting the Christian faith in a way that resonated with them?

Thank you all :slight_smile:

Ask Jacob Cheriyan (October 15-19, 2018)
(Carson Weitnauer) #2

Olivia, I don’t have any experience with evangelism to Sikhs. But, I love that you thought of RZIM Connect for a personalized, credible answer before going to Google! :slight_smile:

Just for you, I’ve created the Interested in Sikhism group so people with this shared interest can stay in touch more easily when discussions on the topic get started.

(Olivia Davis) #3

Very cool! Thanks!