Sovereignty of God

Hi…I’m Siddarth…I’m a beginner in Christ…I want to know more about the sovereignty of God

2 Likes

Hi ther@Siddhartha
Sovereignty of God is one of the most difficult studies and as followers of our Lord God we ought to study it.
It will help us to know through every trial tht our benevolent God is alive and Him alone is committed to us even though it might seen tht we are hard pressed
Let share a link below, maybe you can benefit and give me feedback on it. Will keep discussing it
Thank you
https://www.the-highway.com/pink_freewill.html

1 Like

@Percy said it correctly, this deep and wide study. I am going to add a few link that will get you started.

Anything in the Bible project series here.

A John Piper podcast.

Good studies. Would be interested in your comments.

2 Likes

@Jimmy_Sellers, much appreciated for those link, it will surely help by broadening his scope as far as Sovereignty of our Lord God.
It’s a sobering, comforting study showing that indeed we have our Lord God

Amost others delicacies, one fascinating aspect about Sovereignty of God is; our Human responsibility in it. Even though Him alone our God is all powerful, He does not forces us or take away our humanity.
Somehow in His benevolence, He allow us the freedom as human beings to exercise that freedom, amazing God.
Everything that happen, do not happen without His notice and He has His hand on it with love, mercy, faithfulness etc

It’s a huge study, we can break it down as follow:

• The Sovereignty of God in Creation
  • The Sovereignty of God in Administration
  • The Sovereignty of God in Salvation
  • The Sovereignty of God in Reprobation
  • The Sovereignty of God in Operation
  • The Sovereignty of God and the Human Will
  • The Sovereignty of God and Human Responsibility
  • The Sovereignty of God and Prayer
  • Our Attitude toward His Sovereignty
  • Difficulties and Objections of the Sovereignty of Gof
2 Likes

@Siddarth
My brother as you study this beuty of the Sovereignty of God, I hope and pray that you have a balanced approach to these study. It seem as a wonderful study, showing that our God is on top of things, and yes Him alone is in control.

However you might going through tough time or not yet and you are going to struggle with the character of our God and ask the following questions amongst others :

• If God is sovereign, why allow something so bad happen to me or anyone you love man😔
  • If God is on top of things, how can he allow so and so to be taken by cancer, God where are you when I am hurting?
    Questions and questions will keep coming, hang in there and keep asking in these forum buddy
2 Likes

Thanks a lot for your valuable information… it’s very helpful…

1 Like

Thank you for providing this crucial information…I can’t doubt God’s sovereignty…I’m learning to accept that and want to understand deeply…your information is helpful…we will discuss buddy if I get any doubt concerning this topic…thank you

Hi, @Siddarth, and welcome to Connect! We’re glad you’ve joined us. Lots of resources have already been thrown out there, but I’m curious to know if you have any specific questions about God’s sovereignty. Are you coming from a religious or non-religious background? What’s your understanding of it at present? Just curious to know the foundation we’re building on… :smile:

2 Likes

@Siddarth and @Jimmy_Sellers

Our God of Scriptures, is so good brother, so awesome and the more you grow in Him, the more you will see His beuty, His awesomeness.
Will keep praying for you my brother, for Him alone to open your heart, through the Holy Spirit He keeps equip and naturing you man.

Take a peep below on how Charles H. Spurgeon explained how immense our God is, fascinating!

Charles Haddon Spurgeon. He was only twenty years old. This is the introduction to his sermon about God :

It has been said that “the proper study of mankind is man.” I believe it is equally true that the proper study of God’s elect is God; the proper study of a Christian is the Godhead. The highest science, the loftiest speculation, the mightiest philosophy, which can ever engage the attention of a child of God, is the name, the nature, the person, the work, the doings, and the existence of the great God whom he calls his Father.

There is something exceedingly improving to the mind in a contemplation of the Divinity. It is a subject so vast, that all our thoughts are lost in its immensity; so deep, that our pride is drowned in its infinity. Other subjects we can grapple with; in them we feel a kind of self-content, and go our way with the thought, “Behold I am wise.” But when we come to this master science, finding that our plumbline cannot sound its depth, and that our eagle eye cannot see its height, we turn away with the thought that vain man would be wise, but he is like a wild ass’s colt; and with solemn exclamation, “I am but of yesterday, and know nothing.” No subject of contemplation will tend more to humble the
mind, than thoughts of God…

But while the subject humbles the mind, it also expands it. He who often thinks of God, will have a larger mind than the man who simply plods around

this narrow globe… The most excellent study for expanding the soul, is the science of Christ, and Him crucified, and the knowledge of the Godhead in the glorious

Trinity. Nothing will so enlarge the intellect, nothing so magnify the whole soul of man, as a devout, earnest, continued investigation of the great subject of the Deity.

And, while humbling and expanding, this subject is eminently consolatory. Oh, there is, in contemplating Christ, a balm for every wound; in musing on the Father, there is a quietus for every grief; and in the influence of the Holy Ghost, there is a balsam for every sore.

Would you lose your sorrow? Would you drown your cares? Then go, plunge yourself in the Godhead’s deepest sea; be lost in his immensity; and you shall come forth as from a couch of rest, refreshed and invigorated. I know nothing which can so comfort the soul; so calm the swelling billows of sorrow and grief; so speak peace to the winds of trial, as a devout musing upon the subject of the Godhead. It is to that subject that I invite you this morning.

Excerpted from “The Immutability of God,” A sermon by Charles H. Spurgeon at New Park Street Chapel, Southwark. J. I. Packer quotes from this message in Knowing God.

1 Like