Stacie Johnson

Hello everyone,

My name is Stacie Johnson. My background is in para-church ministry and academic philosophy. I currently serve at church, where I have the joy of working with a great staff and young adults in disciple-making and leadership development. I met my husband when I moved to Knoxville ten years ago and we have a precious 6 year old daughter. I love being a wife, mother, and minister of the Gospel. I am excited to become more equipped to engage this generation’s challenges with a winsome expression of Christ.

8 Likes

Hi @Stacie_Johnson,

I am really encouraged to meet you and hear a bit of your story. I’m curious to learn what para-church ministry you were involved with and where you studied academic philosophy?

Connect is a terrific environment to practice how to engage this generation’s challenges with a winsome expression of Christ. It would be so interesting to see if the adults in your congregation couldn’t be challenged to practice answering a question each week and then processing their answers together. Or perhaps you have an even better idea! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Carson,

Thanks so much for your questions. I spent 5 years with Campus Crusade for Christ and then 5 more years with the Christian Medical and Dental Association. Then hurricane Katrina came to my front door in New Orleans and after a brief time in hurricane relief work I moved to Southern California and entered the Talbot program in Philosophy and Ethics. From there I came to Knoxville for the PhD program at UT and began teaching at UT and a local community college. After three years in Knoxville my church recruited me to join the staff, specializing in Biblical Literacy, Worldview and Disciple-making.

It has been a wonderful challenge ever since that time to develop in my ability to pass on what I have learned and equip a whole new generation for winsome apologetics. As a matter of fact I have about 15 young women coming to my house this evening to talking about walking with the Lord and the Gospel and culture.

I would love to hear how you have seen others in my position train up the next generation! How have you seen other church leaders use Connect to engage, equip and train others? Is there a way to have a sub group within the platform?

I will also be coming to Atlanta in July for your Emerging Apologist Program.

6 Likes

Welcome to Connect, @Stacie_Johnson! It’s good to have you join us here, and it’s a beautiful thing to know that you are serving the lovely city of Knoxville in such a capacity. I graduated from UTK and loved the 4 years I got to spend there! Looking forward to interacting with you out in the forum, and I hope you have a wonderful time at the EAP!

6 Likes

Welcome @Stacie_Johnson so wonderful to have you here. Thank you for giving us a glimpse of your journey. It appears you will be a great asset here and I could certainly learn from you. I am looking forward to your contributions in this forum.

I like how appealing that phrase sounds :slightly_smiling_face:

God bless :heart:

5 Likes

Welcome aboard @Stacie_Johnson. Your background is so good for this forum. Thanks for coming alongside us all. Love having another Academy Alum joining. Have you taken some of the electives as well? I look so much forward to reading your posts and hearing how God uses you with the experiences you have. God-bless you and your journey.

4 Likes

Hey Stacie! @Stacie_Johnson
Wow, what an amazing journey you’ve been on :slight_smile:
Your experiences and knowledge will be a great asset to this community!
So glad you’ve joined!

4 Likes

Hi @Stacie_Johnson,

I think we’re still figuring that out. The basic idea is the same as it is for many members of RZIM Connect. We want to grow in our love for God and our neighbor. Connect is an opportunity for us to love our brothers and sisters in Christ as we compassionately, thoughtfully engage with their questions. In doing so, we help hundreds if not thousands of others who come to Connect with the same question. And we prepare ourselves to engage with that question in the rest of our lives.

So I can envision a community at a local church deciding to utilize the questions in Connect as a prompt to practice their own capacity to provide respectful, Biblical, well reasoned answers to not just the question but also the questioner. Each member could answer a given question during the week and then the community could discuss the conversation when they gather together, process what they learned, select another question to engage in, etc.

There is a way to have a private space within the platform. We do this on a limited basis but I’d be glad given your involvement in the EAP to set this up for you if you’d like to experiment!

What do you think?

6 Likes

Hi Stacie. Glad to see there are some Vols in here lol. I’m in Kingsport, TN. Great to have you in the group

4 Likes

Carson,

I love this idea and I hope to be able to explore more in the next couple of weeks and at EAP.

3 Likes