Steve hunt

Say hello…Hi

Where are you from? Kelowna British Columbia Canada

What led you to join Connect?I watched Ravi on the TV and I liked listening to him

How do you hope to participate?

3 Likes

Welcome to connect @bgshuntmechanical. It’s good to have you joining us from Canada. This is a great forum to be involved. So glad you have enjoyed listening to the patriarch of this ministry. There are many additional opportunities to listen here as well as to give engaged with others in deep discussions of faith. I hope that you enjoy. God-bless you and your journey.

2 Likes

Hi Steve thanks for sharing with a brother from West Virginia hope all is well? Please take all the time you can to read the many threads that respectful, caring people have posted to help us all grow in the knowledge of our Lord and savior. It has been a tremendous blessing to me. May I encourage you with Isaiah 41:9-10 it has been a great source of strength for me. Take care out there.

Mike

3 Likes

Thanks Mike I looked Is 41 v9-10 up and I had it underlined already in my bible it was encouraging thank you
This is quite new to me the whole group online chat thing I dont have a lot of free time but I intend to be checking it out on the weekends I guess Im looking to grow and Im attracted to ravi as he seams so stable, grounded he preaches with a reverence for the word Ive been a christian for 26years and most of that time ive been influenced by what you would call word of faith teaching the last nine years of my journey Ive wrestled with some of the teachings its drove me into the word I wanted to be a part of a community that sees and operates in signs and wonders but I came to a decision that if there teaching didnt line up with the word I had to move on to find a church where they have reverence for the word in recent months Ive been watching American gospel christ alone and Im again praying and asking the lord to show me what parts of my theology are wrong and what I will stand on

4 Likes

@bgshuntmechanical Welcome! This is a great place to browse and participate whenever you feel led. I personally have learned a lot from interacting with people. Do not be afraid to ask questions or post answers to the best of your ability in the time that you have. The participants and moderators are very good at helping you to gain your footing.

2 Likes

Hello again thanks for the reply, I totally understand and agree. Man can contradict the scriptures but the scriptures will never contradict themselves. Through careful study it will yield His truth from cover to cover. Which in a nutshell is found in John 14:6 that begs to ask can there be more than one truth? Take care and be safe out there.

Mike

3 Likes