Steve S

Hello, fellow Connectors… Just a quick note to introduce myself. My name is Steve and I live in Albuquerque, New Mexico (USA).

I learned about RZIM Connect on Ravi’s radio program, Just Thinking. (I’m a regular listener and find this program very instructive and useful.)

I’m looking forward to learning and discussing several topics, including effective evangelizing approaches and techniques, correct doctrine, and the current state of the church (in the U.S. particularly).

I became a follower of Christ just under five years ago, after some 40 years of running from God… though I was raised by firmly believing and practicing Christian parents. I count myself as a very fortunate formerly “black sheep”… now washed white by Christ’s blood and His grace, held firmly and safely in His guiding hand.

10 Likes

Hi Steve and great to have your insights as part of the Connect community, not only in what you have learnt about God from coming into and now walking in His saving grace, but also how you can speak into the lives of those who continue to battle against our Lord’s promptings. If you are comfortable in sharing, what was it in your life that finally lead you to making a commitment to Christ?

Blessings :slight_smile:

Brian

3 Likes

Nice to meet you Steve!

2 Likes

Welcome and God bless you Steve for seeking the kingdom of God.

2 Likes

Hello @HighRoad Its great to have you here.

2 Likes

Hello Steve, it’s good to meet you! I am so glad that you are here to share from your unique perspective and ready to learn here on Connect. Praise God that you have accepted salvation through Christ! May your time spent here be very profitable to you. :blush:

3 Likes

Welcome aboard @HighRoad. I bet you’re very thankful for a firm foundation that you were raised in as well as the decision to return. It is an abundant life now isn’t it? I listen to the same devotional that you do. I also like on Saturdays: Let my people think. We are glad you have joined connect. If you desire, perhaps you could tell your story of return. Consider posting it on the members testimony category. Mine is: Testimony - Kel -- A divorce lawyer in marriage ministry?. God-bless you and your journey.

2 Likes

Welcome @HighRoad! Your introduction is very inspiring, thank you :pray:t3: I trust you will be a blessing here should you choose to engage. Enjoy browsing through the conversations and feel free to share your thoughts and insight :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Praise the Lord Steve and keep praising Him for His goodness and patience. Wonderful intro to encourage others who may have dwindling hope about thier prodigal. People still giggle but at age 36 now 65 I surrendered to Jesus in the back of a cookie delivery truck. Jesus and I had a life altering encounter. God bless you as you continue in your walk of faith, it’s an honor to meet you.
Mike

3 Likes

Brian,

Thanks for asking about my conversion experience. I started to write my account last night, but now I’m thinking it’s probably too long to post here, and so (prompted by @Keldon_Scott) I’ll post it in the member testimony category. The short version is that I had intended to just keep running from God indefinitely, but I had an unexpected encounter with the Holy Spirit seven days after my father died in 2014. I’ve been told by several people that I should have a short “elevator speech” version of my testimony, but it just never seems to do justice to the story of my experience. The Holy Spirit moves in mysterious, amazing, and surprising ways… and still, to me and to others who I’ve shared my story with, I think some of the details of that story are inspiring and, hopefully for those seekers, fence-sitters, and prodigals, may be instructive.

So, stay tuned… I’ll post a link to my testimony here when ready.

Peace…

2 Likes

I believe that in God’s economy, there is always hope for the prodigal. I never understood Proverbs 22:6 until some time after I was saved. For a time after my conversion, I was still puzzled by it.

“Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it.”

Then why had I departed, and kept running for so long? The clue for the answer, I think, is in “when he is old.” This allows for God’s grace, in the fullness of His timing, to bear the fruit of repentance and return to the Father.

I’m very thankful to Him for preserving my life during all those years of running (there were several occasions when I came dangerously close to death), and I am very thankful (beyond words) to my parents for their faithful prayer for me over all those decades of wandering in my own personal wilderness.

Now I find myself in the same boat as them, only doubly so… I have two unbelieving sons to pray for myself. I feel that I’m just beginning to learn how to pray for them – it’s tough. I do hope my own story is encouraging for other parents of prodigals. We must continue to pray. I’m a living example of the fruit of longsuffering, faithful prayer.

All praise and glory to God the Father and His Son!

3 Likes

I look forward to reading it. :slight_smile:

Hello Steve! Welcome to Connect!

Steve, we can join together praying for our prodigals. Phil. 1-6 is about Gods amazing grace, He began the work and He always finishes, He never lost a battle or a race. I made many mistakes training them in the way they shouldn’t go before Christ showed me the way. I have been discouraged about them but now trust it’s not about what they think about Him it’s about what HE thinks about them. Our Father has our heart about our children. You are the proof of that truth to me and others. His word never returns void it always accomplishes His will. What a day that will be when my Jesus I shall see.
Praying
Mike

1 Like

Not only physical age but maturity as well. Praying for you and your sons.

1 Like

Just posted my testimony, here: 40 Years in the Wilderness: A Prodigal Son's Story

I went pretty long with my story, so mea culpa for my wordiness. Hopefully it will be inspiring for some (particularly for parents of a prodigal), and instructive for others (seekers, skeptics and “runners”).

Peace…

2 Likes

Welcome brother!

Welcome Steve!

Welcome Steve to connect. Blessings your way

Your introduction was encouraging. Having Children who are 37, 35, and 28 who have yet to commit to follow Christ, I am grateful when I am reminded that until Christ returns there is still time. How I long for the day they understand their crazy mom.

I have no idea how to use this site so apologize in advance it it doesn’t go where it should!

4 Likes