Susan from Alabama

Say hello…Hi!

Where are you from? Alabama

What led you to join Connect? I got an email invitation after taking core and the science elective. I had heard about it on Ask Away as well, but hadn’t figured out where it was. I’m not usually at home on my computer when I am listening to Ask Away.

How do you hope to contribute? I’m not really sure. I’ve been a Christian for a while, but I am definitely not the cookie cutter type. I tend to be rough around the edges and often find that Christians look down on me because of that.

8 Likes

Hello, Susan, and welcome to Connect! :slight_smile: I look forward to reading your posts here. You’ve got plenty of opportunities to jump in here on RZIM Connect, and we welcome all in service to our Lord. What stood out to you most in the Core Module and the Science Elective?

4 Likes

Hi @susanrachel1, it’s wonderful to meet you! I don’t think you will be looked down on here. I am “rough around the edges” myself. I have felt much love here and I know that is what @CarsonWeitnauer desires the most in this community. I trust you will enjoy browsing through the topics and please feel free to offer your thoughts :pray:t3:

4 Likes

Hello, Susan, welcome to Connect. With the Core Module, Science elective and Ask Away, you’ve probably already got a good feeling for how friendly and respectful RZIM usually is. This continues here at Connect and the contributions in the forums reflect this. So don’t hesitate to ask your questions or write your opinion, here is a good place for it. I look forward to hearing from you.

3 Likes

Hi from one Connect newbie to another. I hope you’re excited and hopeful about joining this new group. I’m impressed with the sweet spirit of the community already.

4 Likes

Thanks all. I’m happy to be here. A little intimidated by the box that asks if my response improves the conversation in some way.

@Brittany_Bowman1 what stood out to me the most was Hugh Ross’ explanation of cosmology in the context of Christianity. I had always been told that if I wasn’t an young earth creationist, I was a bad Christian and bordering on a heretic, so it was amazing to hear a Christian explain the Big Bang.

@sig who is carson weitnauer?

@iDan I hope so. I had a stressful experience during the science elective, so I’m a little hesitant to post here.

@Leah Hi there!

5 Likes

Hi @susanrachel1,

I’m an unworthy servant and a beloved son! I serve on the RZIM team and help facilitate conversations in this community. I’m glad you’ve joined. Our headquarters is not too far away in Atlanta, maybe we’ll meet in person sometime? :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Welcome to rzim connect precious one of God. May we all increase in the knowledge of God’s word through the Holyspirit

1 Like