Tahiri Rakoto

Hi lovely people!

I am Tahiri. Currently living in Spain but originally from Madagascar.

To be honest, there is no special reason to lead me to join Connect, I first got the notification to invite me to join, and then I have decided to join. :slightly_smiling_face:
How to contribute? I have no idea so far! :smiley: Why not to just let us surprise each other? Hope to surprise and be surprised back!

13 Likes

welcome to Connect Tahiri

4 Likes

Hello @tahirirakoto

Welcome to RZIM Connect.
We’re still glad you decided to accept the invitation and join us here.

RZIM = Ravi Zacharias International Ministries founded by Ravi Zacharias, who was a Christian apologist and evangelist for over 50 years. This site/community called RZIM Connect was one of the many results of his vision and ministry to the LORD together with his colleagues.
This community is where you can freely ask questions and receive relevant and thoughtful answers. Questions about things such faith, Bible, life, purpose, meaning, God, etc. We are here to help you to answer big questions of life and know the person of Jesus Christ, the One who died on the cross and rose again to redeem us from sin and offer forgiveness and eternal life.

Just a brief introduction.
Enjoy with this community @tahirirakoto

5 Likes

Thank you! :slight_smile: and thanks for the useful and reminder introduction which I already know! I was RZIM student in the past :smiley:
Yours in Christ.
Tahiri

4 Likes

Good to hear that. I thought you were a total firsttimer here. Who invited you by the way? And how was your experience being RZIM student back then?

2 Likes

Im sorry I think there is a confusion then! I thought the invitation is for all former students who still want to stay connected.
The invitation came to my box as from the RZIM team.

Concerning my experience as a RZIM student, there is quite a lot to remember and appreciate, but allow me to define it as just unique!
Some topics were completely new for me and some others considered as known were taught from another angle!
Actually what I admire the most was the fresh and reasonable aproximation to every lesson, so that with no doubt, I can say RZIM experience did shape me, mind and heart, as a christian as well as a simple human being.

5 Likes

Good to heart that! Thank you so much.

3 Likes

That is a very cool (American slang) sentiment. I love being surprized!

3 Likes

Hello Tahiri ( usually it ends with Y) :),

Faly mahita fa misy Malagasy hafa koa ato. Happy to connect with a Malagasy.

Best,

3 Likes

Hello, @tahirirakoto! You are the first person from Madagascar that I have “met.” That Madagascar is a large island to the East of Mozambique is the only thing that I know about it. One of my favorite books, however, is The Mauritius Command by Patrick O’Brien. That is a fascinating historical novel–but I digress. I am curious to know what would be the most interesting thing to you about Madagascar. What would you point out to a visitor? Besides that, I look forward to your contributions!

3 Likes

True, in malagasy language I becomes Y at the end of the word! :slightly_smiling_face:
Misaotra betsaka!

1 Like

Welcome to the group Tahiri!

2 Likes

Welcome @tahirirakoto and thank you for your honest/endearing introduction :slightly_smiling_face: I trust you will be pleasantly surprised as you browse through connect.
Take care and enjoy :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Welcome @tahirirakoto!
Also new here and currently living in Valencia, Spain with my wife Nina.
Where are you in Spain and I assume you speak French as well?
God Bless

2 Likes

Hi @alain,
Yes, I do speak french, and live in Castellón, actually I have been lecturing at Valencia University this semester :slightly_smiling_face:
Glad to hear you are in the area.
Tahiri

1 Like

@blbossard Thank you very much!
What a great honor to be the first person from Madagascar you have “met” :slightly_smiling_face: and now that you have quoted Mozambique and the Mauritius islands, you are almost in the area! You are very welcome to Madagascar too!
To me, the Island is indeed gifted with innumerable things by God himself, but if I had to chose just one interesting thing, it would be the endemism of plants and animal species at the high level, which is estimated approximately between 80% and 90%.
Now, I’m afraid I’m not the appropriate person who can point out a visitor in a practical manner, as actually I live in Spain from long years ago, but I am sure you will find every detail you want with a good guidance online.
Enjoy the travel! :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Tongasoa Tahiri,
I am happy to see more and more malagasy in Connect,
I am sure you will enjoy to be in Connect.
(As you can see through my name, I am also from Madagascar)
Tahin’ Andriamanitra :blush: dia ankafizo ary e!

3 Likes

A belated welcome, Tahiri.
I visited Spain a long time ago. Beautiful place, nice weather and lovely people.
Hope you will find topics of discussion interesting and engaging. Take care and hope to talk to you again soon.

3 Likes