Take up the Cross,

Im from the United Kingdom

Ive recently come to christ in the last 14 months i have attended several local churches and found one that is quite wonderful and suits me perfectly. And with the help of Ravi and his band of brothers and sisters have found the confidence to connect with my fellow Christians via this forum.

I guess you could say i am taking a leap of faith, As I have recently lost my brother (54) and whilst I am aware he has been risen to glory, the grief is incredibly strong, losing someone so prevalent in my life is quite taxing. I am obviously taking solace in the scripture and my faith, but this is difficult.

I believe i am here to help people in any way i can and with the help of my Lord, Jesus Christ, this path and purpose will be unveiled to me.

God Bless
Simon

8 Likes

Alleluia Simon. Happy for you. The LORD is a faithful God. Just soak us His WORDS. Spend devoted time to him like brushing your teeth. God will never leave or forsake you. May the LORD Jesus comfort you on the loss of your brother.

4 Likes

Hi @Simon, welcome to this community. I am thankful you have accepted Christ. I am so sorry for the loss of your brother. It’s wonderful you have found a Church home to support you through this difficult season. I will lift you up in prayer this morning :pray:t3: Your introduction was so heartfelt and kind. I trust you will be a blessing as you engage here :heart:

3 Likes

Thank you so much

1 Like

Thank you

1 Like

Welcome aboard and into the fold @Simon. We are glad you have joined connect. My condolences on loss of your brother. Please do check out some of the other categories here. There are many well read and caring members that will come alongside you, pray for you, and run this life journey with you. I am glad that you found a good church. God-bless you and your journey.

1 Like

Thank you Kel, really appreciate that

1 Like

Hi Simon,

I’m so happy you posted. I’m new to Connect but I’ve been a Christian over 30 years.

I’m hurting with you about your loss. I’m overjoyed that you are saved! As you grow in Christ you will begin to understand that death is not eternal separation. As I understand, death is merely separation of our soul from our body. The soul is who we are and it continues to live after we leave the container (body) behind. Victory over death is assured by Jesus Christ our Savior! What a great Savior He is! I’m praying for your comfort.
Pete M.

2 Likes

Thank you, my brother was a Christian before I was, so your words are a great comfort.

2 Likes

Welcome Simon,
My prayers and empathy I send to you. My older sister passed away several years back and yes it is emotionally hard. I wept and prayed, wept and prayed as I sat by her bed. She lost the phsical battle but won the spiritual battle to be absent here but present there because of His amazing grace. Please know that Jesus is there with you right now as the I AM that I AM always. Just as He is with your brother. One day as I continue to press on toward the prize I will see all my family because of Christs promises. Be blessed and filled with His joy. Looking forward to further insight and input as you grow in Him.

Love in Christ Mike

3 Likes

Thanks Mike, that means a lot to me

1 Like

Hello Simon
Am so sorry for the pain of losing your beloved brother.
I hope your pain eases a little bit more each day and that God will see you through.
Not even death can rob you of the sweet memories of your brother. I’ve lost my brother years back and I questioned and questioned why it was so and of course - no satisfactory answers ever. But I have learned to trust God’s plan no matter what. I’ve now accepted that life is a mystery and there are things that we will never fully grasp.
But this also makes me incredibly grateful and happy that Jesus has defeated death!
May the good Lord bring comfort to your family

3 Likes

Thank you for your kind words

1 Like