Testimonial - Written Word

I saw a recent post about writing ones testimonial.
I thought it was a great post, it reminded me that my testimonial about becoming a Christian and accepting Jesus as my Lord and Saviour was still sitting in draft.
Barely started struggling to put in writing what I experienced.
Partly, because even though it was probably the most important event in my life. It also brought back some painful memories that I am realizing I had buried and did not want to look at.
Mine is actually spread over a number of posts.
My accepting Jesus was as I might have shared what I assumed everyone had the same experience. I did not discover, until years later that I was totally wrong.
It wasn’t until I heard others share their testimonial that I soon realized how mistaken I was.
That scared me even more. You will realize why when I actually write it and get the first part off of draft.
To those out their that have not shared their testimonial. I would encourage you ro share it.
The Lord gave you a very special and unique experience. Not to be kept hidden but to show others the Lord’s love and compassion. Your testimonial shared can touch someones life in a way that only the Holy Spirit can. Right down to their very core being.
This will be the first time I have ever shared my coming to know the Lord.
The Lord is showing me and guiding me to share my born again experience and journey.
May the Holy Spirit go before and prepare my heart and mind and I begin to put into words my experience.

4 Likes

That is awesome. @Olivia_Davis did such a nice job putting that guideline together. Thank you for noticing and commenting. And, thanks for your continued participation and posts here. God-bless

2 Likes

@CharlesDavid thanks for encouraging others to share their stories!

I like what you say:

The Lord gave you a very special and unique experience. Not to be kept hidden but to show others the Lord’s love and compassion. Your testimonial shared can touch someones life in a way that only the Holy Spirit can. Right down to their very core being.

We never know how the Lord might use our stories to help other people.

I’m praying that the Lord will help you walk through those painful memories and remind you of His great love for you, Charles. The best thing about testimonies is that we get to see how God is working in our lives on such an intimate and tender level - and I pray that you experience this yourself as you share your story with others.

Let us know if there is something we can do to help you as you prepare to share your story! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@Olivia_Davis the biggest issue is praying the Lord to bring to my remembering what I need to share to touch others.
The last thing I want is to draw attention to myself through my sharing.
I want to draw the attention to the Lord and the Holy Spirit.
I am only a sinner saved by grace and not works.
So I did nothing I was just the vessel.

2 Likes

@CharlesDavid It’s great to have the mindset that you are a vessel :slight_smile:

I’d say that as long as you are conscious of trying to draw attention to the Lord and prayerful as you write, that will be accomplished. He knows our hearts, and we trust that he can work through us.

Also – I’m happy to read your testimony in a private message before you publish it publically, in case you want someone to give it a glance. But I don’t have to at all, just wanted to give you an option in case it makes you more able to share.

Many blessings!

3 Likes

Hello @CharlesDavid

That is inspiring… Our Testimony can be a tool in the hands of the Holy Spirit in transforming lives across the world.

Grace and Salvation

4 Likes