Thanks

(Vanessa Muntz) #1

Hey,

When I see speakers, that are willing to stop for ‘that one person in the crowd’ and answer a question, it gives clarity to who Jesus was and still is.

I heard one atheist speaker joke that if only five people show up for an event, they’ll just go for coffee…

But to me, it’s not speaking to the masses that is the true calling, but the ability to connect with that one person in the crowd, who no one else may notice. Who might even be hushed by those surrounding them.

So I very much appreciate this kind of platform and the time speakers are taking to speak to the individuals.

(Vanessa Muntz) #2

I would love to see a type of mentoring add on to rzim connect.

A lot of people (myself included) really struggle with Apologetics. It is not an easy road to travel alone.

But if we look at the Bible, we see that mentoring is actually a biblical principal.

Perhaps there could be basic set topics each fortnight e.g Does God exist? A rzim representative could write a short summary and others could respond and engage with set questions.

Any thoughts?

(Carson Weitnauer) #3

Hi @Vanessa_Muntz,

Thank you for your encouragement and kind words. They are very much appreciated. I also admire the RZIM speakers and their investment in each person - as Ravi has taught, we answer not just the question but the questioner.

For mentoring, I think you will find that reading the conversations in Connect will give you a consistent experience of seeing not only what good answers look like, but how to have a good conversation too.

In terms of a set topic with a summary and an opportunity to respond, we do offer this in a variety of ways. For instance, we will soon be posting a self-study guide for the upcoming Trending Questions event with Sam Allberry:

You can find questions for the John Lennox event in the fall here:

And the study guide from the Lennox event here:

For a next step, I would recommend the Core Module of the RZIM Academy to you. Trained moderators provide additional coaching and feedback in the Academy courses.

I hope this helps! I’m encouraged that you want to grow in your faith and in your capacity to help others come to faith in Christ.