The "Red Heifer" and Christ

I am having some online discussions with a reformed rabbi about the Red Heifer in Scripture and it’s possible pointing to Jesus. Has anyone here ever dealt with this topic before?

Thanks folks.

1 Like

Here is a resource from a reliable source. Perhaps this will help in your discussion with your friend.

1 Like

@DeanW Interesting question :slight_smile: How exactly do people say that the red heifer points to Jesus? I’ve heard some people say that the birth of a red heifer in Israel is a sign the temple will be rebuilt. I do not agree, but I have heard that view. However, I’ve not heard that the red heifer pointed to Christ. Generally Christ is called the lamb of God in the New Testament, so I would tend to stick with the images used in the NT.

1 Like

Sounds like the “red heifer” is a “red herring.”

Sorry, couldn’t help myself :laughing:

Anthony

3 Likes

Yeah, Anthony – but that’s OK.

I was only fishing for some wisdom…

Holy yuks! Are you related to Lou of “Abbott and Costello” fame?

2 Likes

@DeanW

I didn’t mean to dismiss your question, certainly it has its merit. Just couldn’t help myself with the wordplay. I appreciate that you want to keep “fishing” for wisdom as well. :smile:

Hah! You picked up on my last name. Most people don’t remember Abbott and Costello anymore these days. However, unfortunately no relation to Lou Costello. At the same time my mother, whose maiden name is “Perrino” (Italian), has the first name Lucretia, so when she married my dad she literally became “Lu Costello.”

And, if that wasn’t enough. When I was in Basic Training in the Army, lo and behold in the training Platoon I got assigned to, there was another soldier with the last name “Abbott.” As you can imagine the Drill Sergeants had a blast with us!

Blessings to you,
Anthony

2 Likes