Those who have not heard

(Dave Troxell) #1

I have been a long time believer although I have been stumbling on the following question.

How can those be saved who have never heard the gospel such as those who live in remote locations or cultures. One can live and die without having ever heard of Jesus Christ.

Thanks in advance!

(SeanO) #2

@Dtroxell My response to the following thread may prove helpful. Feel free to ask any addition questions or to probe into the issue further. A brief summary of my position is that:

• God has ordained history so that people might reach out and find him (Acts 17:26-27)
  • On the day of judgment, God will judge each person according to the knowledge they have and the thoughts of their own hearts (Romans 2:14-16)
  • We can trust that the judge of all the earth will do what is right (Genesis 18:25)

The Lord grant you peace and wisdom in this matter. Hope these thoughts are helpful.

(Joshua Spare) #3

A post was merged into an existing topic: The Priority of Questions

(C Rhodes) #7

@Dtroxell. I think it becomes a matter of trust. For the heart and ability of GOD. Also, it takes reminding myself that GOD does not operate under any of the limits that I may encounter. The GOD of this Universe bends all natural, social, religious, science, and human laws. There are no boundaries unbreachable. The Psalmist said it best when declaring, if I make my bed in hell, you are there. (Psalms 139:1-18)

I have worked and cared for many infants, and one thing remains true, they were always able to recognize my love for them. Without the benefit of language, physical statue or strength. They were always able to communicate their little minds, and boy those voices. I knew when they were happy, or unhappy. I also knew when they had learned to love me.

If I could accomplish such amazing relationships with each child, how much more can the Creator of life with each of His children? As with my babies, when they are able to cognitively choose, they can love me or decide I am unnecessary in their lives. We all get to choose.

Can I always apply human logic and sanction to the act of salvation? No. It remains a marvelous and grand mystery in my own life. Even when I see it with my own eyes. It continues to surmount all wonder. Our redemption is an individual discovery for each of us. The Lord meets the need and sets us free, right where we are. That is not the fruit of human contact or access. The change we see in the converted to whom we have witnessed may be gratifying. But the movement of GOD’s Spirit in the Earth needs no accreditation from me.

I will always seek to do the part He has for me. But, for the workings that are not mine’s to do; I will trust the heart of GOD concerning each of his children. That love continues to abide despite time, distances, and cultures.