Thoughts on Deliverance Ministry?

I am so sorry I don’t know how to seek whether the question has been asked before or not. I’m saved for about a year. Former new ager so I played a lot and opened portals with other dimensional stuff. I feel spiritually oppressed and been considering getting help with deliverance. A cousin who is a pastor told me once I’m saved the Holy Spirit lives in me and so nothing needs to be casted out. But the battle is real. I wonder if that what it means to walk with God. Since the enemy knows He can’t make me hate my lord and savior now he’s going to oppress me all the time? I’ve looked at Above & Beyond deliverance ministry here in Florida and it seems very legitimate. Any feedback or experiences with this will be greatly appreciated! God bless,
Jenny
PS - PRAYING FOR RAVI :heart:

5 Likes

Hey Jenny @Jenny_Cerna. I am so glad you are here and you are posting this with genuine desire to be with the Lord. There is no reason to be sorry. We are one family of Christ. And yes, the enemy has no hold on us. The demons tremble in the power of our Lord. They cant even stand to be near. Yes, the Holy Spirit who is the 3rd person of God will be with you at all times. Dont fear in any way or shape. Trust in our Lord who is alllll powerful, the creator of the universe, the alpha and omega. Remembers the demons are just fallen angels, not even close to being gods. Their lies is nothing when you have the light, the truth, the way, and the life.

Even though I dont know exactly what you are going through and I am so sorry for that, I agree with you that Jesus told us that in this world, we are to have battles and tribulations, that we are not of this world and that we have yet to go back home. But our God has conquered the world. It is finished as he said on the cross. You already know the end. You are victorious in His name. But he is with us at all times, and gives us his peace, not as the world gives but only as He does. I will post some verses below that I hope will help.

In regards to the church you mentioned, the Above and Beyond deliverance ministry, I have no familiarity with it. But yes get a good bible based church, that is key. Read your bible, that is the Word of God. The Word that was before the universe, the Word that created the universe and all that is good. It will transform you and be with you together with the Holy Spirit. I will also share with you a great post by @SeanO that I hope will help you in searching for a church.

And here are some bible verses that I hope give you comfort and reassurance on the Truth:

Matthew 7: 7-11: 7 “Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. 8 For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened. 9 Or what man is there among you who, if his son asks for bread, will give him a stone? 10 Or if he asks for a fish, will he give him a serpent? 11 If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask Him!

Isaiah 41:10 10 Fear not, for I am with you; Be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, Yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.’

Philippians 4: 6 Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; 7 and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

James 2:19 You believe that there is one God. You do well. Even the demons believe—and tremble!

John 16: 33 These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world.”

John 14: 15 “If you love Me, keep My commandments. 16 And I will pray the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may abide with you forever— 17 the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him; but you know Him, for He dwells with you and will be in you. 18 I will not leave you orphans; I will come to you.

I hope this helps. God Bless You. You’ll be in my prayers.

4 Likes

@Danageze I appreciate your response. I do read my bible everyday. The good thing about quarantine is the able to be immersed in God all day. I love the scriptures you shared. They already uplifted me. My question was more about views on having deliverance services. Some people think they are not needed, like my cousin. But a friend of mine did it and she said she felt a lot lighter after it was done and she has peace.

1 Like

Sorry, my mistake. I dont have a first hand experience on deliverance services because my church does not do it, but my view on it is that sure God has power to do all things but our thoughts of what is good for us and what we need from him are not always the same. His thoughts are not our thoughts, his ways are higher than ours. Prayer and having a relationship with God also teaches us to align our will to His will instead of trying to change God to fit our will. He is not a magician or a vending machine where we just have him do whatever we want. I understand people are suffering and want their life to be different. There is definitely a place to asking God to change our lives but I think it is key that we let him do it at the right time that he has always intended it to be for his glory and purpose.

So in my personal opinion I dont believe in deliverance services. For me, it almost feels like I am tempting God to do something on my time. Jesus teaches us how he submitted to the Will of the father before the cross even when it was sooooo difficult and scary. I have also heard where the church service people tell the individuals to act in a certain way and to “feel” like they received it. I would beware.

I dont know if you have heard of prosperity churches too where they do similar things, and those are not legitimate and take the focus of the biblical teaching to their own benefits and earnings.

Just my 2 cents. Love to hear other people’s thoughts.

2 Likes

Hey Jenny @Jenny_Cerna. I did look at the website. It reminded me a similar ministry that I have seen online. Here is the youtube interview of it. It is all fake and is taking advantage of people.

His normal website looks “legitimate” but no it is not.

So beware. The Holy Spirit is available to all believers. You dont need a pastor to touch you to “heal” or take out “demon” from you. The Holy Spirit is in you, no demon can be together with the Holy Spirit. As you said continue with your walk with God and your bible. And as my post earlier, it is key to choose a bible based church with the criteria listed in the link.

I hope this helps.

1 Like

@Danageze Thank you so much for your time in responding. I will review this video. I really do appreciate your time!

1 Like

@Jenny_Cerna Thank you for sharing your question and praying together for Ravi with you :slight_smile: Rather than seeking out a deliverance ministry, I would advise you to check out Chip Ingram’s teachings on this subject. He does a great job of teaching on spiritual warfare.

The short answer is that once we are saved, Jesus is our Shepherd and He protects His sheep. The evil one cannot harm us. However, we still live in enemy territory and when we sense evil spirits or an oppressive presence, we spend time in worship and prayer. I love to play Scripture - especially the Psalms - out loud whenever I sense such a presence.

May the Holy Spirit sanctify you and protect you from all harm and give you wisdom. The one who is in us is greater than the one who is in the world!

1 John 5:18 - We know that anyone born of God does not continue to sin; the One who was born of God keeps them safe, and the evil one cannot harm them.

6 Likes

@Jenny_Cerna I know of people who suffer the way you do and my heart goes out to you. Many of them found relief in reading the Bible and appreciating the fact that it talks about Spiritual Warfare in Ephesians ch 6. The dark force is real but Jesus keep reminding us (me especially) of his deliverance.
I too have an obstacle in my life. In my younger days I suffered a mental breakdown and up till now I suffer from poor effects from it like shifting moods (made worse that I am an artist??), bad chronic insomnia, low tolerance for external pressures of life…to name a short list. But through it all, the LORD has been very good. I can see that he sends “angels” into my life on more occasions that I could count to straighten out problems that come, in my art profession, for eg. I find him a great comfort and joy-giver and most of this is through daily Bible study and prayer esp the nights when I couldnt sleep.
I am relating this to you Jenny that the Triune God is real and more than ready to help us to be over comers. I shall remember to pray for you and hope you will solace and healing through Him.
Take care.

3 Likes

@Priscilla1 you are so sweet and thank you for sharing your story!!

Hello, I know my comments might seem contrary to that of many of our brothers and sisters that have responded, but nonetheless I will give my input.

Ephesians says our battle is not against flesh and blood, but in the spirit. Also, 1 Timothy says the Lord has not given us a spirit of fear…

If we are in a battle, albeit spiritual, why do we feel there is no need to fight?
Why would Paul describe fear as a spirit, if it were not?

I know, have seen, and have experienced deliverance. Jesus himself describes it as “the bread of the children” (Mark 7:27). It is one of the many incredible gifts God gives us: the chance to be free of oppression. In many ways it is a process, but sometimes it’s a moment. As christians we cannot be “possessed” but we can experience oppression, and it can be very real. Prayer and intercession are a powerful tool. I haven’t heard of the ministry you are refering to, but I would suggest you make sure it’s connected to a church, and start from there asking them explain, and to help you understand anything before you do it. God works through peace, conviction and grace, not fear or shame or guilt…

I hope this helps. God bless you

6 Likes

@JudithAjo Dear Judith thank you so much yes I am doing more research on it and it’s been a great topic to learn from in general! Thanks again and God bless

2 Likes

@SeanO Dear Sean, you always have great resources to recommend, you are a blessing! I took some time to reply because I wanted to check the videos and just finished the 4 of them. I loved Chip Ingram and how he presents the spiritual warfare and also how he provides biblical truths for us to identify the enemies tactics and almost proactively fight the battle with the unseen world. And the most beautiful part, we have already won the war in Christ Jesus. We just have to get good at fighting the battles while here on earth. Have a blessed day and thank you very much!

3 Likes

@Jenny_Cerna Yes, I really enjoyed the videos as well. Glad you found them helpful and may the Lord’s glory go before you and keep you from all harm :slight_smile: