Tim C

member_introductions

(Tim Crookall) #1

Hi,

I’m an alumni from Canada. I teach people how to play the guitar for a living. I look forward to discussions with people who think about their faith. I believe in God because I don’t have enough faith to be an atheist.

(SeanO) #2

@TimC Welcome to Connect brother! What genre of music is your favorite? What do you enjoy most about sharing the joy of music with others? Praying that the Lord Jesus might grant you wisdom and grace through your time here on the forums and guide you in all that you do.

(Brittany Bowman) #3

Welcome to Connect, Tim! :slight_smile: We are excited to have you join us! There are several threads on music. I have a huge respect for my music teachers over the years- they used the weekly lessons to build into life lessons.

(Tim Crookall) #4

Thanks Sean. I like different styles of music depending on my mood. But generally classic rock is my favorite: 50’s, 60’s, 70’s including 70’s Christian: Larry Norman, Randy Stonehill, Phil Keaggy etc. The best part of teaching music for me is the smile on people’s faces when they learn to perform music they enjoy. The best part of performing music is seeing people connect with their soul.

(Tim Crookall) #5

Thanks Brittany. I think you are on to something. Sometimes I think the most important part of my job is beyond the music.

(SeanO) #6

@TimC That’s super neat that you can be on both sides of that equation - both blessing others through music and helping them to learn the joy of the craft for themselves. Good stuff!

(Tony ponder) #7

Hey Tim, I’m a big Phil Keaggy fan. I’m a classic rock person with some alternative and jazz thrown in. I enjoyed Yes, Al Di Meola, and Pink Floyd because of their guitarists and I had a hard time finding a good Christian guitarist that held my interest. Phil Keaggy wa a tremendous influence in my transition from mainstream to Christian music. Welcome to the forum!

(Anthony Costello ) #8

Tim,

I’m happy to have you on Connect with us, and I look forward to engaging with your questions and comments. More than anything I pray God will bless your time on this forum and allow you to grow deeper in both knowledge and love of our Lord Jesus.

Where do you live in Canada, if I might ask?

Grace and peace,
Anthony

(Tim Crookall) #9

Hi Tony,

Thanks for the welcome. I saw Phil Keaggy live in Boston back around 1982. He was playing with his band in a church that used to be a theater. It was the best concert I’ve ever been to. Have you seen him live?

(Tim Crookall) #10

Hi Anthony,

Thanks for the welcome. Near Toronto.

(Martin Marsh) #11

Hey Tim!
Welcome, seems funny to say since you have been here longer than I.
But hope to learn with you.
I am trying to learn another string instrument, the violin, so if you know any Hood teachers HG mere in Denmark let med know

(Randy Wolfer) #12

Welcome to connect!

I enjoyed how you say you don’t have the faith to be an atheist.

I have often said that same comment, with a smile, when someone tells me they are an atheist.

And I too am looking forward to learning here with everyone.

Cheers!