Tim introducing myself

Say hello…
Hello

Where are you from?
Salem, United States
What led you to join Connect?
Listening to Just Thinking and Let My People Think (almost daily)

How do you hope to contribute?
That remains unclear. I’ve shied away from social media and thought this platform should best suit my interest.

I was a successful and published research associate/doctoral student enjoying myself in the realm of electrical engineering (statistical signal processing and data modeling with applications in biomedical engineering) until a bombardment of medical catastrophes took it all away 10 years ago. Am still trying to recover but new issues still arise often. It seems every few months God keeps me alive against unreasonable odds; I should not be alive many times over. Am suffering immense physical and psychological damage but continue to try to trust God and use my horrific situation to encourage others. The pain often makes death seem desirable, but I’ll leave that in God’s hands.

Thank you in advance for welcoming me.

Warm regards.

6 Likes

Tim, I am praying you will recieve the healing you need in all areas. God has a plan which for me as well was elusive and didnt make sense. Having had Leukemia and suffering the after effects of treatment. I know that His testimony in us has spoken to many of His great grace and mercy whether we have seen it or not. For such a time as this His light can shine through us for others to find thier way to Him. I will stand in the gap for you and with you my brother and friend.
Love, prayers and a scripture

My son, give attention to my words; Incline your ear to my sayings. Do not let them depart from your eyes; Keep them in the midst of your heart; For they are life to those who find them, And health to all their flesh. Keep your heart with all diligence, For out of it spring the issues of life.
Proverbs 4:20‭-‬23

Mike

4 Likes

Welcome to Connect @Thyme I am looking forward to learning from you.

Welcome aboard @Thyme. It is so good to have you joining us here at connect. I thank you for having the courage to join a social forum such as this. I too am praying that you are blessed by this forum and have relief from the physical and psychological impediments that have been placed in your path. I hope that the discussions here enhance your faith and create friendships which are mutually beneficial. God-bless you and your journey. PS I would love to hear more of your story. Your foundation of faith through trials might be the very thing someone here needs to hear.

2 Likes

Hello @Thyme, your introduction really grabbed my heart and I can see it had the same impact on others here. I cannot fathom living in constant pain. I am lifting you up in prayer :pray:t3:
Lord God, in Jesus Name, please be merciful. Please bring healing to Tim’s aching body and mental anguish of having to endure this for so long. I pray, in Jesus Name, for a reprieve from all this pain. Our hearts are grieved deeply for him because You have put that in us.
Please send Your ministering Angels to comfort him, please Lord :latin_cross::pray:t3:
Tim, you inspire us. I’ve just finished a reading in the Psalms. Psalms 116 in particular. I will continue to remember you in my prayers.
All this to say, welcome to connect. Keep us posted concerning your health. Take care :pray:t3:

2 Likes