Support RZIM Connect

To everyone iam a person in faith but to my family I am still a secret believer as I hail from Buddhist background, need help

Hello

Where are you from?
India
What led you to join Connect?
God through Ravi Zachariah
How do you hope to participate?
Through email

10 Likes

Hello, @Sodadasu. I am glad you can join us. I hope you can find the help you need. Is there anything specific that you would feel comfortable sharing?

3 Likes

Hi Indira @Sodadasu,
I would like to Praise God first for letting you to get to know Him and take a huge decision in your live. God blessyou. But I also pray this prayer that the Lord will grant to you the grace,wisdom & strenght to help you live the faith & for your family to see it & get to know Christ as well.

Welcome to Connect.
Hope & pray that this forum will guide you to strenghten your faith in Him & answer your questions.

2 Likes

So glad to see you here on Connect.
I hope you feel community here.

2 Likes

Thank you so much for making me feel belonged in Lord. Yeah!
To specify my specification ,I will be glad if you can help me to know about prayer life…

4 Likes

Thank you so much Sneha, feel so encouraged driving away the dismay in my heart… hoping to grow in faith fellowshipping with you all through RZIM Connect… please help me to know about prayer life.thank you again

3 Likes

Thank you so much Victoria!
Very true, I already started feeling so belonged… thank you for being so thoughtful and generous …
Please let me know about prayer life… thank you

2 Likes

You are welcome, Indira.

1 Like

That is a big question Sodadasu.
You want to know about my prayer life?
I use the “Lord’s Prayer” as an outline. Praise and worship to God Almighty for who He is and setting my attitude correctly. Prayer and petition for needs, asking for forgiveness and making sure that if you have wronged anyone or anyone has treated you wrongly you forgive. Asking for strength for today.
Then I make sure that I am fellowshipping with God. Walking with Him during my day, praying always - meaning either enjoying what I do as if I was doing it for Him. Being mindful of scripture or a worship song in my head.
Does that help?

4 Likes

Hello @Sodadasu. I’m Srushti from India. I’m so glad you are here. Infact, I’m from a Hindu family and even my family doesn’t know about my faith. I understand your situation and I know it’s really not easy. But I’m happy you are here, to take that step of faith, to know Jesus more, to have an intimate relationship with him, to know how much he loves you so that you can share his love to your family. You can always count me in whenever you’re needing help. Since we have a similar situation, I think we can help each other :slight_smile:
Welcome to you. God bless you. :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Hello,

Jesus tells us how to pray in Matthew 6:9-13, and Luke 11:2-4. He says to base our prayers around this: “Our Father in heaven, your name is holy. May your kingdom come and your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven. Give us today our daily bread, and forgive our debts to you, as we forgive others. Lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.” He is telling us that in praying daily, we should affirm that God is the father of all Christians, including us, and that in our prayer we should praise God, as it says “holy is your name.”

He tells us to pray “your kingdom come, thy will be done” so we pray that the world will become the way God wants it to, and that what God wants to happen in the world will happen. Of course, we know that God’s will is always done, and God is always in control, so this part of the prayer is us affirming that whatever happens, we know that God is in control.

Next he says, “give us this day our daily bread,” which isn’t actually just asking for bread, it can mean that we pray for God to give us that which we need to survive each day, such as food and shelter, but it is also asking God for spiritual nourishment for our sanctification. Next it asks God to “forgive us our debts,” it means that we should pray in repentance for the sins which we have committed, and it follows up by saying, “as we forgive others.” It is a reminder to forgive others, as we pray for God to forgive our sins. We are also told to forgive those who do wrong to us in Luke 6:27-28 and Mark 11:25.

Finally, it says to pray, “lead us not into temptation,” and “deliver us from evil.” This means that we pray that God will keep us from temptation and sin.

The more you pray, the closer you will be to God, and the more you will learn to pray. Much of “being good at” prayer is about experience. If you need any more help or clarification, I can try to help.

8 Likes

Welcome friend! I am so glad you are here!! We’re already related through the body of Christ. It is so encouraging to hear of your faith and I am so glad you’ve joined the family. I don’t know of your age, but is there any chance you were able to attend the RZIM ReFresh conference last week online? I know someone submitted a question to Q&A about finding community while they were unable to tell even their family about their faith.

2 Likes

welcome Sodadasu, wow that’s a tough question… unfortunately i don’t have a good answer for now, i would have to think a bit more about it…maybe you can start by doing what the disciples did, that is, to ask Jesus to personally teach you how to pray (luke 11:1). in addition to that you can do a word study on prayer… are you familiar with a bible word study ?

1 Like

Thank you so much Phillip , but please let me know what is "Bible Word Study’

1 Like

Indira, Welcome! I recommend Nabeel Qureshi’s Seeking Allah, Finding Jesus. He experienced exactly the same type of fear that you are experiencing right now. You may find comfort in his book. God bless you, and live for Christ!

4 Likes

Hello, @Sodadasu. You asked if I could help you know about prayer life, and I hope the responses you’ve gotten already have been helpful. Here are some of the things I know about a prayer life.
First, it is a life-style; something that becomes an integrated part of how you go about your daily life. 1 Thessalonians 5:17 says to “pray without ceasing.” Jesus, in his parable of the persistent widow (Luke 18:1-8) and the friend in need (Luke 11:5-13), reveals God’s faithfulness to answer persistent prayer.
Second, it is a conversation. Praying without ceasing does not mean that every word you think or say has to be a prayer. That might be true if prayer was just us talking to God, but prayer is more than that; it is a conversation between us and God. That means we are both talking and listening when we pray. Therefore, to pray without ceasing simply means that we are always listening to God, ready to talk with Him; it is a continually aware mindset of two-way communication with God.
Many of the replies here reference the Lord’s prayer, which can be found in Matthew 6:9-13 and Luke 11:1-4. Jesus include this prayer template as a part of His instructions on prayer in Matthew 6:5-13.
There are two great examples of Bible people who had exemplary prayer lives. The first is David, king of Israel, and the author of most of the psalms. Many of his psalms are composed as a prayer to the LORD. I have found the psalms helpful in guiding my prayers when I am unsure how or what to pray.
The second example is Elijah, one of the prophets during the reign of Ahab and Jezebel. As told in James 5:17-18 (and 1 Kings 17:1, 18:1, and 18:41-46), Elijah’s persistent prayers held back rain on the Israelite kingdom for three and a half years and then brought them back.
I hope my response is helpful, and that you will find other helpful answers here on RZIM Connect.

4 Likes

Hi ! Sadie!!My journey with Lord is so beautiful and so overwhelming as it would be for any who walk with Lord …He made me know HIS presence when i was completing my 40 Yrs of chronological age and when i was so comfortably living without any need of the idea of GOD …Iwas very sure atleast for me i never desired to have GOD in my life …BUT…its been 7 years since then …,recently entered 48th …but I am as good as 7yrs old …Prior to my marriage with SUDHIR I was a Hindu but always mocking at the silly stories each God/Goddess had …used to get good scolding from my dad but still I used to make fun…,same time I was a very tough ANTI –CHRIST …i only mocked at HINDU gods but sure never hated as much as I did hate the Christians …especially the way they waste their time in church praying ……Today I ask you all about prayer life ….oh!!! How amazing a feeling it is to be defeated in CHRIST……7 years not one day did I allow myself a moment to miss my ABBA FATHER ,JESUS and HOLY SPIRIT…each day I get to learn from TRINITY a new thing and this amazing experience I want to share with my husband first … but he is even more a tougher ANTI –CHRIST a person in fact in INDIA we are very open minded till the moment there isn’t any personal threat …haaa …we wish merry Christmas to our friends but we don’t want their GOD to touch us even ….i adopted BUDDHISM as HINDUISM was not convincing to my heart ….No GOD in BUDDHISM….compellingly convincing to my heart 14 Yrs followed so sincerely ….The only weakness I had was for children ….Wanted to pursue medicine dad objected (we have to listen to our parents especially here it is patriarchal) and by his choice I took up teaching and the only attraction was children of course ……first day of my job I saw a boy with breathing problem and my anxiety increased …I got so angry on my father who revisited me to become a DOCTOR… then I joined a course called REIKI it’s a way of healing anybody in pain of any kind …I was doing good ,I did heal people …two levels I learned in REIKI….later I was unable to spend so much time in meditation ….i was stressed spending time in meditation ……later after 14 yrs of service as a good successful teacher incident where a third grade child fell just from three stairs ,became unconscious and was rushed into the car to proceed to hospital …it was at that moment my same anxiety started ….after he was taken away I suddenly started going to all teachers standing in the lobby holding their hands begged each …please pray for him …please pray for him….after that everyone left and I was all alone in a weird state but getting puzzled …why am I asking people to pray GOD …???I do not believe any GOD ??? Five days later I attended his funeral and I came to know that boy was a Christian ….i was terribly upset ,spoiled my health …just a matter of three days everything turned topsy-turvy….my mom went to a Muslim BABA …he told she has spirit attack …she brought that vibuthi (ash )white powder applied on my fore head as for three days I was only sleeping ,all around me I could see only darkness …suddenly I felt solace ….got up …i told my husband …see you don’t believe in God neither do I …but my mom believes something ….now take me to that Muslim right now ….so we went to him …he gave me a thabiz(Amulet) and cautioned me to tie it to my hand but during the three days during my menstruation I should remove it as it is very holy…I was so scared as my date was approaching …three days I dreamed all about the dead persons …htey used to take me away in a jeep very fast somewhere ….i though I will die ….then my anxiety started Muslims have a problem with the three days …Hindus too have a problem… now what is my hope ??? just that moment a voice deep inside my heart spoke ….WHY DON’T YOU HOLD A HOLY BIBLE ??? I called my Christian friends and asked them to bring Holy Bible ….So they brought …I held to my heart in only one thought that I should not DIE…… but I never knew at that moment that GOD wants me to LIVE FOREVER……to one Christian colleague I asked …is your GOD REAL??? Three times I asked …with grace she answered …Yes …HE IS A REAL GOD !!!My question……Why the Christian boy had to DIE ???Her answer….the purpose for which he came …that is over …………………A huge mountain fell from my head……INDIRA ….I HAD TO SEND THIS BOY TO MAKE YOU KNOW …….I AM THERE !!!HE made me fall to a total ZERO ………what is my age now ???Sadie Dear …you asked me this question about my age….and I leave it to you dear……

9 Likes

Thank you so much Brendan…i did go through your recommend…what you told is true

1 Like

hi Sneha !!! I was so overwhelmed seeing the concern so many had towards me…thank you.

1 Like

Hi !Victoria!!! i was really overwhelmed at the concern you all had towards me … thank you…

1 Like