Training Our Children To Share Their Faith

(Carson Weitnauer) #1

At the request of members in Connect, here is a recording of the talk I gave at my church home a few weeks ago. The talk was to a Sunday community for parents of teenagers. Thank you for praying for our time together! Here is week 1’s talk on “Training Our Children To Share Their Faith”:

Cornerstone Week 1.pptx (7.5 MB)

(Carson Weitnauer) #2

Hi friends, here are the slides and audio for week 2. In this talk I share about some of the practical wisdom of helping our kids share their faith:

1. Personal integrity is the foundation
  2. Relationships are the bridge
  3. Conversations are the means

Cornerstone Week 2.pptx (8.2 MB)

(Tabitha Gallman) #3

This topic is so relevant to me at this time as I am struggling with verbally sharing my faith. If questioned I have no doubt that I could give a reason for believing what I believe, but to be able to convince someone else based upon my knowledge of the Word, that would be difficult for me. My daughter will begin college in the fall, and I worry about her wandering away from her Faith in Christ (although she seems grounded). I worry more about the attacks of Satan while she is away from her home church and her Dad and myself. I pray that I will be able to demonstrate my love for Jesus that will encourage her to do the same. Thank you for sharing this talk online.

(Carson Weitnauer) #4

Hi @tabby68, that’s what we are here for. I would encourage you to keep having open, trust-building conversations with your daughter about faith. For instance, you could ask her, “What would you say if someone said, ‘there’s no evidence the Bible is true’?” And see how prepared she is for that kind of question. Then together, the two of you could watch videos from our team, ask questions here in Connect, read books on the topic, etc. In this way, you could grow together in your understanding of why Christianity is true and reasonable - as well as good and wonderful! We want to stand with you and your family as you seek to be faithful, equipped witnesses for Christ.