Trisha Wood

(Trisha Wood) #1

Hi everyone, what a delight it is to be able to interact with and learn with/from followers of Jesus from around the world! I live in the USA in the “Volunteer State”- Tennessee.

I gave my heart and life to God through Jesus when I was 27 years old and have followed Him, looking through my fogged and muddy glass for many years. The path has been rugged and wearying at times, and challenging beyond my human wisdom/knowledge to handle most of the time, but our Lord has always kept my family and me in His loving and protective care and taught me that His children can trust Him in all circumstances.

After years of being a stay at home mom and then an elementary school teacher and after my 4 children had all left the nest, I was able to retire from public school teaching and sought the Lord about “What now, Lord?” With no particular specific goal/job in mind beyond serving and caring for the Body of Christ, I felt led to attend seminary and after 3 years of study at Asbury Seminary and then Moody Bible Institute, I completed a masters degree in Biblical Studies from Moody. Studying God’s Word and then living it out in His love is a never ending process and I joyfully contribute what I know and learn with family and brothers and sisters in Christ as the Lord leads, serving as a hospice volunteer and am always ready and on call to my wonderful grandkids. I have pictures!!!

(Omar Rushlive Lozada Arellano) #2

Looking forward to learn from you, Trisha! Your knowledge and experience would really help this community. Thank you for sharing your story. Welcome to Connect! :slight_smile:

(Isaiah J. Armstrong) #3

Welcome to our humble community!

(Trisha Wood) #4

Thank you, Isaiah.
Your namesake sure had a lot of memorable things to say! I look forward to what you share also.

(Trisha Wood) #5

Thank you, Omar. It is thrilling to be part of this community of Jesus followers and to have the members of the RZIM team helping us learn and understand more about our Triune God, His Word, and how to live it out well in this world.

(Kathleen) #6

@Truthseeker7! So good to have fellow Tennessean on here! What part of the state are you from? I was born and raised in Memphis, and have been in and out of there over the last 18 years. I tell you, no matter how far I wander, it’s always good to come back south. :slight_smile: All the best to you, and welcome to Connect! Look forward to seeing you out on the forum!