RZIM Connect is hosted by a software platform called Discourse. One of the features in Discourse is that every member has a ‘trust level’.
For the sake of transparency, here is a description of the trust levels:
As you begin to get involved in Connect, some functionality is limited. This is to make the site easier for you to use. It also protects the community, to some degree, against spam. However, you can quickly overcome these initial limitations by spending some time reading posts on the site. This will help you learn the community norms and the friendly approach we take to conversations.
New members at trust level 0 cannot…
- Send private messages to other members
- “Reply as new topic” via Link button (UI removed)
- Flag posts
- Post more than 1 image
- Post any attachments
- Post more than 2 hyperlinks in a post
- Have actual links in the ‘about me’ field of their profile (will be silently and temporarily converted to plain text)
- Mention more than 2 members in a post
Once you’ve taken the time to read some posts, you will automatically be promoted to trust level 1!
You can get to trust level 1 by…
- entering at least 5 topics
- reading at least 30 posts
- spending a total of 10 minutes reading posts
Members at trust level 1 can…
- Use all core Discourse functions
- Upload images and attachments if enabled
- Edit wiki posts
- Flag posts
- have all new member restrictions removed
Our full members have become regular visitors and contributors to RZIM Connect.
You can get to trust level 2 by…
- visiting at least 30 days (does not have to be sequentially)
- giving at least 10 likes
- receiving at least 20 likes
- replying to at least 20 different topics
- entering at least 40 topics
- reading at least 100 posts
- spending a total of 180 minutes reading posts
Members at trust level 2 can…
- Use the “Invite others to this topic” button for one-click onboarding of new members to participate in topics
- Invite outside members into private messages when making a group private message
- Daily like limit increased by 1.5 ×
- Gain access to the “Members Lounge”
Regulars are the most active readers and reliable contributors over long periods of time.
You can get to trust level 3 by manual promotion from the RZIM Connect administrator.
Members at trust level 3 can…
- recategorize and rename topics
- spam flags cast on new member posts immediately hide the post
- flags cast on new member posts in sufficient diversity will auto-block the user and hide all their posts
- make their own posts wiki (that is, editable by any trust level 1 and higher members)
- Daily like limit increased by 2×
Leaders are regulars who have been around forever and seen everything. They set a positive example for the community through their actions and their posts. If you need advice, these are the folks you turn to first.
You can get to trust level 4 by manual promotion from the RZIM Connect administrator.
Members at trust level 4 can…
- edit all posts
- pin/unpin topic
- close topic
- archive topic
- make topic unlisted
- Split and merge topics
- Daily like limit increased by 3 ×
Overall, I hope this helps you better understand the RZIM Connect platform!