UFOs, can they only be explained by science?

Hey RZIM fam, have you looked at this news from today. Pentagon releases saying that they have videos of unidentified objects flying at high speeds.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/04/28/pentagon-declassifies-ufo-videos-taken-by-navy-pilots.html

The funny phrases/comments are from Luis Elizondo, a former Pentagon official.

“my personal belief is that there is very compelling evidence that we may not be alone.”

And also from Senator Reid:

I’m glad the Pentagon is finally releasing this footage, but it only scratches the surface of research and materials available. The U.S. needs to take a serious, scientific look at this and any potential national security implications. The American people deserve to be informed.

How about a biblical or spiritual look?

1 Like

I strongly recommend The Space Trilogy by Christian author CS Lewis. It contains three novels: Out Of The Silent Planet, Perelandra, and That Hideous Strength.

Two major points of the Trilogy are:

1. There is no Biblical reason why there could not be intelligent life forms
    on other worlds, and
  2. As long as humanity remains flawed and sinful, our exploration of other
    planets will tend to do them more harm than good.

So it is possible that UFO’s are coming from other worlds, although I tend to think that other options (man-made phenomenom, natural explanations) are much more likely.

4 Likes

Hey Dion @Dion, Thanks for your response. Great I will read the books and I totally agree with you with the 2 points. What is funny is how science completely takes out the spiritual realm. According to the Pentagon, the objects still remains identified. If one doesnt look for the possibility, one cant find it.

1 Like

Dan, I grew up without a TV so I used to read a lot of books. I still like to read. Another of my favorite authors, Francis Schaeffer, wrote a book called True Spirituality where he said: “When we use the word ‘supernatural’ (or “spiritual”) we must be careful. The supernatural is really no more unusual in the universe from the biblical viewpoint, than what we normally call the natural. The only reason we call it the supernatural part is that usually we cannot see it. That is all.”

By this definition, the “supernatural” is just as natural as the “natural”. So science does not “take out” the spiritual realm, as you put it.

2 Likes

Dan I saw this article as well. Here is my take for what it’s worth. Assuming nothing can exceed the speed of light, these aliens would have to have a vastly different lifespan than we do, or vehicles that can accommodate generations of them due to the length of time it would take to get here from even the nearest habitable planet. The things we see in these recordings don’t appear large enough to accommodate generations of aliens unless they are extremely small.

I have read about things like “worm holes” that bend the space/time fabric, but this seems more like speculation than reality to me. They seem to be theories in in search of a problem.

So this alone makes me very skeptical, though I don’t know what the images are.

1 Like

Barry @bbattista. :+1: I wonder if something is faster than the light of speed though? :wink: Entering the spiritual realm, another dimension, where it is separate from the restriction of time. Because speed is related to time. Your speed allows you to know how much distance you can cover in a specific time.

If we see the world in the lens of science only, then, that is all we get. Ofcourse, I cant explain “reproduce that in the lab” but just something to think about. Cant wait to ask our Lord how he is not affected by time. He existed before time and creation.

@Dion, yes you are correct. Science cant take out the supernatural but scientist want something that is tangible somehow or reproducible, matter-space-time.

Thanks for your input. :ok_hand:
God Bless.

I agree Dan. God created all this and knows things we will never know, and surely has no such constraints. In the case of UFOs, ostensibly piloted by beings from another planet, or somewhere, the question is can these beings have invented something that could violate the laws of physics we know. I don’t know but it seems unlikely to me, so I am waiting for another explanation to emerge.

But you make great points and thanks for responding.

1 Like

Barry, I really appreciate your concern. As I understand it, you are asking if anything could contradict the laws of physics as we know them. You raise two questions in particular: can a space craft go faster than the speed of light and is it possible for a space craft to be bigger on the inside than the outside?

If I may quote Christian author CS Lewis: “The laws of the universe are never broken. Your mistake is to think that the little regularities we have observed on one planet for a few hundred years are the real unbreakable laws; whereas they are only the remote results which the true laws bring about.”

Another way to look at it would be that even if science could explain everything in a closed system, we don’t live in a closed system.

1 Like

I agree with a lot of what has been said here. There is nothing in the Bible that argues against the existence of life on other planets, but the long distances between star systems makes it highly unlikely they will be able to visit us in the near future barring some type of warp technology.

The point I would like to make (especially as no one seems to be bringing it up in any of the coverage these videos are getting) is that it’s possible that these craft are not breaking any laws of physics. There are all sorts of ways that video camera footage can end up lying to our eyes. Perhaps those cameras were just at the wrong position, angle, distance, etc. to see what was really going on. If so, then those craft might not be anything special at all.

1 Like