Universe from actual nothing?

Hello, I heard an atheist say today that the universe did not come from nothing and that it was very condensed matter that was rearranged. Is this what science shows?

I’m not very well versed in science, but I know some stuff.

No, in fact, every cosmologist, physicists, and well-versed scientists say that there was a beginning, in fact, the Big Bang Theory states that the universe came from a single point of dense and compact force creating everything into existence and that’s when matter, space, and time was born into one. Now, if an atheist says that the universe did not come from nothing, then he’s saying that every single well-versed and knowledgeable scientist such as Paul Davies and Stephen Hawking is wrong in what they say. Stephen Hawking states: “Because there is a law of gravity, the universe can will create itself from nothing.” (btw, this quote does not disprove the existence of God here’s a video on where John Lennox explains this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FaYtAQFXWFg, but Hawking still states that the universe was created from nothing), Paul Davies states: “A universe that came from nothing in the big bang will disappear into nothing at the big crunch.”. The very foundation of the big bang theory states that something was created out of nothing, and to go against the Big Bang is like going against Einstein, Hubble, and all the great scientists in the world. Also, the atheist you were talking about still doesn’t address the question of why the universe began! Lets say that this fellow somehow was right, he still doesn’t address the question “what created this condensed matter into being?” or “how did the matter come to be”. At this point, I believe he’s not relating back to science, but rather, he’s relating back to his own theory of how the world began because there is no evidence or logic to prove his claim.

Why his claim is wrong: he doesn’t state how the universe came to be, he’s basically stating what a chemical reaction is, because in a chemical reaction, matter is rearranged to form a new substance. Also, I haven’t heard any scientists say that the universe was created from rearranged condensed matter, they drawn back to quantum fluctuation or something along the lines of quantum physics.

1 Like

You are right. According to the Big Bang theory everything started from the eruption of a supermassive black hole. A black hole is a highly compressed mass of substances. Its magnetic power is so strong that nothing can escape it, not even light. For the purpose of understanding the black hole in the simplest way, we can say it is like the entire Solar System and our galaxy condensed into a spoonful (the actual black hole has more substances and therefore the gravitational pull is much stronger). However, the theory of the Big Bang which started from the explosion of a black hole cannot negate the creation of the cosmos by God. I will not go into details here. But I wish to mention a few points on why I cannot accept the Big Bang theory even though my college education was science. The theory cannot explain where or how the black hole came into existence. Next, the immense heat of explosion of the black hole would sterilize everything thereby making it impossible for formation of any life form. The claim that life started from a single primitive unicellular organism too makes no sense. How can a single unicellular organism evolve into man and millions of species of plants, fish, animals, birds, viruses, bacteria and other microorganisms? Finally, though there are some exceptions, how come living things come in male and female gender necessary for propagation? We cannot accept the Big Bang theory. As we often say, the theory is similar to a big explosion of a printing press which resulted into a colorful and weell designed encyclopaedia.

“The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands. Day after day they pour forth speech; night after night they display knowledge. There is no speech or language where their voice is not heard. Their voice goes out into all the earth, their words to the ends of the world.” Psalm 19:1-4

“He determines the number of the stars and calls them each by name. Great is our Lord and mighty in power; his understanding has no limit.” Psalm 147:4-5

God’s creation is complex but not random. From subatomic particles to the human DNA to the vast galaxies in outer space are intricately designed. The universe is an effect and it cannot come into existence without a cause. The cause is God and only he can create the universe out of nothing.

The universe is never silent. It reveals the existence of God. The glory and wisdom of God are evident in creation. The universe carries the message of an omnipotent, an all-powerful God the Creator who is uncreated nor a part of creation. The universe speaks of a perfect divine designer. God alone is the Creator and all things or Earth and the heavens are the work of his hands. The universe conveys the greatness, the glory and the majesty of God.

1 Like