Valerie

Hi,
My name is Valerie and I am from Uganda. I am a big fan of RZIM, and I really love how God has used this ministry to scratch an itch I’ve had for a long while. I love asking difficult questions and digging deep in my faith and I love the fact that God has answers and He is truth.

I’ve joined connect because I do want to be able to ask questions and possibly have them answered and discussed by many knowledgeable people - instead of having to wait for the next QnA or pastor’s meeting.

I would like to contribute by sharing my contextual perspective and seeing how questions unique to the faith context of urban Uganda can be asked and answered - because often, we do ask and answer questions coming out of a more western/globalised context so it will hopefully help speak to my context and edify others’ faith-understanding.

10 Likes

@Valmaroni Hey! Welcome to a Connect :grinning:. I love how your heart is to make God’s truth relevant to the people around you. That’s something I’ve learned to do through RZIM’s amazing training. I pray that you’ll be equipped to ask and answer all the questions that will be flying around in our current climate.

6 Likes

Welcome aboard @Valmaroni. Love your heart. Ask away is all I can say. My surmise is that you will love answering questions as well as as posing them. Enjoy. Please feel free to welcome members as they climb aboard here. God-bless you and your journey.

4 Likes

Hi Vaterie, this is refreshing to hear,

I appreciate the fact you are not satisfied with the status quo, your my kind of seeker and searcher of truth. What led you to your current profession? Would also love to hear more about your journey to Christ and His truth. Thank you my friend for sharing.
Mike

4 Likes

Welcome, Valerie! I can’t wait to learn more from your cultural perspective, and hope you enjoy your time here!

2 Likes

Hi @Valmaroni welcome to connect. Great introduction! I look forward to reading more from you as you engage in this community. I trust we will be blessed by your interaction :pray: Thank you for your inspiring introduction. Take good care and enjoy your time here :pray: :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Welcome home Valerie :blush:

2 Likes

Welcome @Valmaroni. Good to see you here. I fellowshipped with you years ago in Deliverance Church. Glad do “see” you again in this online fellowship.

2 Likes

Hi Mike,

I really ended up in my current profession as a compromise with my conservative Dad who didn’t really agree with Psychology as a real job :joy: :sweat_smile: I was good at maths and loved art so it seemed like a decent direction. I ended up liking architecture just because of the diversity of subjects that it allowed me to explore - you have to put on the shoes of whoever you are designing for. Ultimately though I couldn’t see the social benefit in what I was doing - I ended up finding Engineering Ministries International in a search after the intersection of aiding people and my life profession - and this added a new dynamic of how the gospel is dispersed through the work we do. I have been blessed by having been able to work with people who are passionate about people both Christian and non-christian- But ultimately trying to navigate faith and work at the moment. Thanks for asking -I hope I answered the right question here… :relaxed:

4 Likes

Wow! It’s a small world! Glad to see you here!

1 Like

Thank you for responding Valerie, it was a delightful and exact answer to my question. Your journey reminded me of this
A man’s heart plans his way, But the Lord directs his steps.
Proverbs 16:9 NKJV
I shudder to think who I would be without His guiding direction. Take care so glad you shared, look forward to more.
Mike

3 Likes

This verse has been so true in my life so far. I pray it continues…and that I develop more grace for God’s directing of my path…

3 Likes

Hey @Valmaroni! It’s great to have you joining in! I’m already intrigued with what you have shared and look forward to hearing more from you as you feel the Lord leading. I’m also anticipating the questions you’ll ask as I’m sure we all will learn much from them together! :smiley: Keep up that spark! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thanks Charity :relaxed:

2 Likes