Where is a Christian’s time most effective in reaching others- public speaking or everyday conversations? Vince Vitale uses Jesus as an example for the power of personal conversation in sharing God’s truth.
He sets eight goals for Christians in building more meaningful conversations:
- Learn another language (ranging from baseball statistics to Spanish)
- Be goal setters
- Be question-ready (and aim for a chain of three or four connected questions)
- Be response-ready (prayer beforehand)
- Be testimony-ready (understanding someone else’s story and your own story and finding Christ at the intersection)
- Be consistent
- Be good stewards of conversations (be responsible)
- Be invitational with the Gospel. (Many have never been asked.)
Here are the questions from goal #3 and the testimony topics from goal #5. questions and themes.pdf (207.9 KB)
I’m curious if we could turn this thread into a way to hold one another accountable in reaching just one person in our lives this week. Would you be willing to jump in, and if so, what is the goal you’re going to be more intentional about this week?
Then, we can check back at the end of the week to see how it went and learn from one another in different corners of the globe. Anybody in?