Viewing Life Through the Lens of Scripture

Lou Phillips is taking time to help us explore five spiritual disciplines Christians have been practicing for millennia and why we need them as much now as ever before. On day two, Lou shows us how reading the Bible is our primary way of listening to God.

The Bible is the most important document we will ever read in our entire lives, and we know this. We say it all the time but for some reason, we don’t treat it that way.

We often say we want to hear from God but God’s primary mode of speaking to His people
is His written Word. I challenge us to take Him at His Word and see what He has to say.

There’s nothing magical or holy in the mornings but something that Ravi told me when I first met him was that reading scripture before your day begins is so important because if you don’t start your day viewing it through the lens of scripture, this world will devour you by noon.

Read His Word every day, even when you don’t want to. I promise you, before you know it, reading the Bible will become part of the rhythm of your life and you won’t want to start your day any other way.

Make it personal:

• How do you start your day?

• What obstacles do you face in reading the Bible on a daily basis?

2 Likes

Love it. Let the light guide our way.

To answer: I dont start my day with a prayer, so I need to improve in that. I always go to sleep with a prayer but dont do it in the morning. In the morning and throughout the day I am with God in doing readings related to the bible, apologetics, but I need to dedicate more time specifically to the bible.

My obstacle had been the OT, some of the dense Deuteronomy and the laws and rituals. I am trying to find ways around it by watching videos that give me context and make it easier to read.

Thanks RZIM.

1 Like

Rightfully said, this is certainly true in my life, when I start my day with the word, it really changes perspective on how I go about my day, or relate with people.

Thanks for the video.

2 Likes