Vision board

Happy New Year everyone
I have a question
being a new year[and decade] there is a alot of posts on social media about vision boards and even some dabbed “Christian Vision Boards”
As much as i am all for planning ahead I feel that it is based on the new age doctrine especially about visualising. And I have seen Christians hold events about having events based on this.
Should i be concerned?
Would love your feedback

4 Likes

I think that having goals and creating visuals to help you achieve those goals is a great thing. I believe that God has called us to be fruitful and effectual in the things He has called us to. However, I do find that vision boards can steer into what we want God to do for us rather than what He wants us to do for Him. If you can steer clear of that you will be ok.

The concept of using visualization to create reality is something I would place as antithetical to the Word of God. We have an auditory relationship with God, not a visual one. We also do not “create a reality.” We are to pray that God’s kingdom comes on earth as it is in heaven. That being said, I do believe that God can give us visions and meditating on a God given vision can be a fruitful thing. It can help us focus on that which God has called us to do.

Often I find Christian vision boards are filled with pictures of houses, cars, and stacks of money. I think this is to focus too much on material possessions and less on what God created to do and be. I do not believe there is anything wrong with possessing those things but we have to keep it in the right order. We are to seek first the kingdom of God and all of these things will be added unto us. We do not seek those things and get the kingdom as a byproduct.

I hope this was helpful! I would love to hear your thoughts!

5 Likes

Thank you so much Joshua, yes this is all very helpful. I have the same sentiments about it. I wanted to make sure because I need to bring it up with someone at my church. On the other hand i know vision boards are also used in the corporate world to reach goals so the person may have borrowed the idea form there, but the focus really should matter, especially for believers. Even in the work place

1 Like