Support RZIM Connect

Walking in A Closer Relationship with God

Hello, my name is Sancia. These are a few struggles I have been facing throughout my walk with God. How can I overcome these obstacles?

How do I channel my thoughts to God during my prayer time? This has been a constant struggle for me as I waver to and fro in my thought realm and end up not praying as effectively as I should.

How do I overcome a pang of guilt that hits me from false condemnation from the devil when you know your life is right with God?

How can I persuade my friends from speaking inappropriate words and cursing when my classmates from high school predominantly curse from their early childhood and this habit has become habitual in their lives?

How can I persuade my high school classmate that the Bible is a true and valid source written by notable people?

How do I avoid thinking of curse words and other inappropriate words when I get frustrated and angry since these words are constantly hurled at me when I attend high school? This seems to be a perpetual cycle in my life.

I desire to witness to my classmates in high school. Do you think researching, praying, and reading the whole Bible comprehensively will equip me well to witness to them?

Thank you so much for your words of encouragement! They have helped me advance in my walk with God and I enjoy watching RZIM sessions in my spare time.

6 Likes

@sanciabjohn Hey Sancia, I would sense an upcoming revival if more people were asking those types of questions. Could I ask you what has given you a desire to continue pursuing a deep relationship with God while the majority of your age group is interested elsewhere? Only God can prompt you to proper application of Biblical principles in your specific arena of life, but I would be glad to answer the questions you’ve listed as best I can.

1. How do I channel my thoughts to God during my prayer time?

Start by reading Scripture. Read with the intent of applying it to your life in specific ways. If you do this, you will soon feel overwhelmed, because there is no way you can live the Christian life to God’s standards all by yourself. Your need for help will give you a passion to tap into the unlimited resource that you have available through Jesus Christ. You will find yourself on your knees, not out of obligation, but out of hunger and thirst for righteousness. Read Matthew chapter 5.

1. How do I overcome a pang of guilt that hits me from false condemnation from the devil when you know your life is right with God?

Believe God. It’s that simple. I know it’s hard; we tend to feel the necessity to pay for our sin, but Jesus died to forgive whoever would call upon him, so trust Him. He loves you.

1. How can I persuade my friends from speaking inappropriate words and cursing when my classmates from high school predominantly curse from their early childhood and this habit has become habitual in their lives?

First of all, I want to thank YOU for not participating in that kind of language. Your friends notice that your speech is different, and that’s a good thing. When you abstain from wrong conversation, you promote a testimony that reflects what God can do for anyone who would choose to surrender to the Lord. Good job! Secondly, let your friends know that you care for them, and that you would be glad to share what God has done for you. Many of them will listen to you if they know that you care.

1. How can I persuade my high school classmate that the Bible is a true and valid source written by notable people?

Help them to understand that the Bible contains multiple historical documents relating to the development of the nation of Israel. We have every right to claim the Bible as a legitimate history book. There are many recourses to draw from regarding this topic, and I hope you take the time to brows through the many articles available even here at Connect. Do some research regarding some prophesies that came true years after they were spoken of in the Old Testament and New Testament. Also, here is a resource that you may have come across already by Nabeel Qureshi. His testimony is incredible, in that he did not want to receive the Bible as truth until he reached the point that he could not deny it. I’ve attached the link below:

1. How do I avoid thinking of curse words and other inappropriate words when I get frustrated and angry since these words are constantly hurled at me when I attend high school? This seems to be a perpetual cycle in my life.

Memorize Scripture. This will help you to meditate on God’s Word. I’m currently in the process of memorizing II Timothy chapter 2. I would encourage you to pick a meaningful passage from the Bible that would help you to prevail against the wrong thoughts that seem to take over our minds.

1. I desire to witness to my classmates in high school. Do you think researching, praying, and reading the whole Bible comprehensively will equip me well to witness to them?

Yes! You need to be well equipped and ready to answer questions about what you believe, and why you believe what you believe. Remember that we cannot change people, but God can. We can read the Bible, pray, do our research, and be prepared to answer questions, but God must work in the hearts of people for true and lasting change to take place. As a friend, you have an amazing roll to perform in the process of reaching out to your peers with the Gospel. Just remember, you are not alone.

7 Likes

Thank you so much! This has really helped me. I will go through the link regarding Nabeel Quareshi’s testimony and read the scripture you addressed.

2 Likes

I read Nabeel Quareshi’s book regarding his salvation (Seeking Allah Finding Jesus). It is truly incredible!

2 Likes

I was born and raised in a Christian family. However, I did not truly experience Jesus, his infinite love, and instrumental influence on my life until last summer. Reminiscing back to my years of life without God, I realize that he had genuinely performed a miracle in my life

I wrote an essay regarding my high school transition and how the Lord impacted my life in ways I had not previously envisioned. I will share it with you to see how Jesus molded me and is continuing to shape me as I walk in a journey with him. Recently, the Lord has been arousing a desire in my heart to witness to the unsaved about the Lord and his goodness. Although I am praying for them I long to become a fisher of men as the early disciples.

4 Likes

My High School Transition and Its Profound Impact On My Life

2 Likes

Thank you for sharing some of your testimony. May the Lord be with you as you live to tell people about His love.

4 Likes

I applaud for loving the Lord so much, especially as a young women. These days are hard. And I wish my faith was stronger at your age.
Now, I’m in my 60’s trying to read the bible every day, watching all of Ravi Zacharias video’s and other Ministries.

3 Likes

Hello , I just copied the bible passages to help me in my journey. Thank you

2 Likes

Thank you everyone! May the Lord bless you and keep you all as well😁

1 Like