Ways to find opportunities

Hi everyone,

I am working on trying to be better at testifying to our Lord’s Grace more. I am very newly saved, any advice on ways members do this is appreciated

2 Likes

@Gavin_Baum,

I love your heart here. To follow the great commission is a great honor.

Consider this and see how it fairs you.

“Every Christian is meant to be an Evangelist. If necessary, use words.”

The meaning is to live out your witness more than what you say. Once you say you are a Christian, people are going to start paying more attention to you.

Here is something I think would be beneficial to listen to. It is not old.

1 Like

Hello Gavin,

When we are new to our salvation was are so often on fire for the Lord and anxious to share this wonderful faith and grace given to us. Don’t lose it!

I would recommend that you make one of your primary tasks to be reading your Bible, A LOT! While it may not be too complex (at first) to understand the Gospel and our need for salvation the benefits of going deeper into the “meat” of the Truth is so very worth the time and effort.

To REALLY be set free, take John 8:31-32 to heart: “So Jesus said to the Jews who had believed him, “If you abide in my word, you are truly my disciples, 32 and you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.”" This will enable you to stand firm in the face of questions, ridicule (possibly), and the attacks of Satan. “Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.” (1Cor 16:13)

God will bless your desire to serve Him as you get to know Him.

Hello, Gavin @Gavin_Baum. Wanting to share the gospel is the first step toward sharing it. I’m sure there are those who have been saved far longer than you have who ask the same question. So, it’s a very valid question to ask. What Jesse @Jesse_Means_God_Exists and Peter @Peter_Zanias have shared are very helpful points to consider, especially not getting discouraged when people don’t respond, and abiding in Christ to grow in the knowledge of Him.
I enjoy Dr. Tony Evans who is a pastor in Dallas, TX, and has a daily radio broadcast entitled, “The Urban Alternative”. He has put out a short, 6 minute video about how to share the simple truth of the Gospel that I think is a good way for you to begin and that you might find helpful. https://tonyevans.org/how-to-share-the-gospel/
I have shared this statement on Connect before: it’s a saying that I find encouraging when I’ve tried to serve the Lord in some way that hasn’t been successful. "God honors those who try and fail; not those who fail to try. So, take the second step of trying. You will be blessed.

1 Like

Thanks so much. I enjoy finding knew sources of grow and knowledge.

1 Like