What are your recommendations on sharing the gospel in areas with high cultural practices that are not in conformity to God’s word?

Hi Jacob, thanks for joining us this week to help answer our questions.

What are your recommendations on sharing the gospel in areas with high cultural practices that are not in conformity to God’s word?

Best regards,
Charles

1 Like

Hi Charmawee,

Thank you for your question. Sorry I missed it.
One of the things that we have to acknowledge is that the culture of any place is firmly rooted. It is immensely difficult to change an established culture. It is helpful to echo Christ’s words ‘This kind cannot come out except through prayer and fasting’

I think it is important for us to be creative when it comes to influencing culture. Ways to capture the imagination of the people in order to change them from within. When I think of the ways and methods of people like Tim Keller, OS Guiness and others- they have been immensely creative in the way they have engaged with culture.

I think the first task is to identify aspects about a culture that isn’t in line with the biblical vision for life. You will definitely have to pick your battles because it isn’t possible to tackle all the aspects about a culture that isn’t in line with the Biblical vision for life. Once it is identified then the creative process of changing from within can begin.

I am attaching a sermon by Tim Keller on engaging with culture that I found immensely helpful Tim Keller on Culture

1 Like