Support RZIM Connect

What can you increase your faith when you don't have any other youths in your church?

How can I increase in my relation with Jesus when I don’t feel holy fellowship in church I am attenting?

5 Likes

Hi Lidia, @lidiamihai22

The simplest answer is that our relationship with Jesus is one on one, and to increase that relationship and go deeper one needs to strive for the self discipline of seeking God each and every day. I once read a quote by Ravi Zacharias that said (and I’m paraphrasing) we must win the battle to seek God first everyday, and then all the battles that come later in the day will be just a little bit easier, as long as we win that first one. I sincerely believe that God honors our obedience to him when we “seek first the kingdom of God”.

But how can I answer your question better? Are you searching for something to study to help get you on track? Are you longing for a group of likeminded people?

5 Likes

Hi Lidia, When I was in college, I was a member of a church but I did go to youth nights at several other churches. I found this to be very helpful for me in being around other youth seeking after God, even though my “home” church was sadly lacking in that area. I think there is a lot to be gained in maybe seeking out other churches. And that definitely doesn’t mean you need to leave yours. We are, after all, one big family. It just helps you get introduced to more of your “extended” church family, and you may find more people who can support you in your walk with Jesus. I hope this is helpful.

2 Likes

Hi, Lidia! You don’t need to be with other youths to increase your faith. In fact, I, as a teenager, would encourage you to, if you are wanting to learn, talk to some of the older folk at your church. Growing up there weren’t many youth at the churches we went to, either, so me and my siblings made friends with the old folk. It was good for both parties because we got their wisdom and they got our energy, and it was nice for them to feel loved by the young people. Growing up, my most fulfilling relationships were with people over 45.

Having friends your age is good too, but they often lead each other astray simply because they are young and don’t have the wisdom and experience of the older people. I know the Bible verse “don’t let anyone look down on you because you are young”, but it is still often the case that youth both a) don’t know what they’re talking about and b) don’t have the wisdom and experience required to lead someone.

All this to say, you don’t need a youth group to grow in your face and make a community! One of the mottos of my church is, “Love Where You Are”, as in love the place you are currently, but also love everyone within your reach where you are. Nothing wrong with switching churches, though, if you feel like your church isn’t right for you, but maybe look around and see what friends you can make where you are before going somewhere else.

God bless,
Tirz

1 Like